Physics?

Talk about Valve games and mods.
LivingWithGames
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Physics?

Post by LivingWithGames »

After watching some videos of Crysis Mass physics(search on youtube to know what im talking about),I were thinking and said to myself: ''Hmm...it's possible to make ''Mass Physics on gmod?If yes,then I might give it a try.''

Someone that in the community play gmod,tell me how to do that in this game(Garry's Mod).If someone knows how to make the physics a bit more ''Smooth'',this will save me a lot of time.
Gary
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Gary »

Yeah, I very, very much doubt Source's ability to do that many physics objects at once. Hell, it would be hard for Source just to render them.
LivingWithGames
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Actually,did wtach some of the gmod mass physics videos and they look pretty smooth if you compare with crysis one

console commands?I think so.
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

Its all pre-rendered, in both source and crysis.
Gary
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Gary »

W0rf0x wrote:Its all pre-rendered, in both source and crysis.

Oh your right, I remember now. Those Crysis videos were rendered at like a frame a second, then played back at something like 60 frames per second.
LivingWithGames
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Lemme guess: for example,you record a video of the physics on gmod,very slow,then stop recording and when you play the video you recorded it appears to be smooth?or something like that?

just to know more,because nearly everyone loves beautiful physics in the games,isnt that true? ;)
Ny
Phone Donator
Phone Donator

Post by Ny »

That or they use the demo command. In which you can record anything at a single framerate without the lag from your pc involving graphics interrupting the recording
:nyoron: