Mods that you can't wait for.

Talk about Valve games and mods.
warbrand2
Polygon
Polygon

Mods that you can't wait for.

Post by warbrand2 »

Just a topic for people to post what mods they wish would come out sooner and the reasons why. (no posting black mesa source I am sure every one can't wait for that one.)

one I can't wait for is zombie master 2
http://www.moddb.com/mods/zombie-master-2
only problem is they don't have a organic modeler(from what I understand) so I might be watching a flop mod again. but hey ZM was classic co-op with player controlled enemies.

I also can't wait for Opposing force 2
http://www.moddb.com/mods/opposing-force-2
have you seen the weapons.
I think that's all I do and some times/a lot of the time that gets me into trouble.
Doomblade94
Vertex
Vertex

Re: Mods that you can't wait for.

Post by Doomblade94 »

I can't wait for Contagion to come out. It looks like a newer versio of Zombie Panic Source
http://www.moddb.com/games/contagion
warbrand2
Polygon
Polygon

Post by warbrand2 »

uh that's because its being made by the same people that made zombie panic source.
I think that's all I do and some times/a lot of the time that gets me into trouble.
Doomblade94
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Doomblade94 »

Yes but ZPS is dying slowly and it's agonizing to watch, so I can't wait for its reincarnation in Contagion.
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

Apart of OF2, i´m waiting:

Operation Black Mesa (the remake of Opposing Force in Source, my friend Bolty is there, working as a particle creator).

Guard Duty (the remake of Blueshift in Source, it gonna have too the remake of Uplink).

Hazard Team (the remake of Decay in Source).

Wilson Chronicles (recently they released the V2 of the demo).

Black Mesa Souce (someday it will be released...).
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos

Keychain
Obsidian Veteran
Obsidian Veteran

Post by Keychain »

Opposing Force 2. I did some animation work on the Sniper Rifle that Link went ahead and completed and built off for it. I think Link got hired there and ended up doing a lot of the animations for the mod. That only makes me look even more forward to it!
Gary
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Gary »

C17: EP1. It doesn't bring a lot to the table in terms of gameplay, but the fact that it's going to be released with the code to all of it's amazing graphical features(DOF, Sunbeams, faster and better shadowmapping, dynamic sunlight, advanced shader effects, and more!) puts it at the top of my list. Come on, all mods can benefit from it's release, even OC.

Canvas. One of the few mods that doesn't require you to shoot everything(not that there is anything wrong with shooting stuff). Plus it looks like a lot of effort is going into the game's universe.

99Bolts. Post-apocalyptic waste land. What's there not to like? Plus, I'm their coder.
warbrand2
Polygon
Polygon

Post by warbrand2 »

I thought 99bolts was dead.
TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by TESLA-X4 »

I'm with Gary on the first two he listed.

As for Black Mesa, it's down in the "Don't bother telling me anything about it until it's actually released, and even then I'll probably just give a lazy grunt in response." category.
Apparently, Valve can't make games beyond the number 2.
I think the only time we'll get a Source SDK code update is when it starts having purchasable hats integrated, i.e. hatconomy.

Please do not make assumptions you are not knowledgeable enough to make - that just backfires on yourself.
Tick me off, and I'll be sure to give you the golden treatment. Haven't you heard? Silence is golden.
Gary
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Gary »

warbrand2 wrote:I thought 99bolts was dead.
Nah, the creator just wants to have media releases in "bursts". Where he will release a bunch of awesome media at once.

TESLA-X4 wrote: As for Black Mesa, it's down in the "Don't bother telling me anything about it until it's actually released, and even then I'll probably just give a lazy grunt in response." category.
I know what you mean. Though I do look forward to it, I'm tired of looking at the non-playable media they release.

Heh, I assume their deadline is around HL2EP3's release date.
MaxWard
Vertex
Vertex

Post by MaxWard »

HL2 Episode 3
Wait, it's not a mod. My bad.
I can't wait for OP2.
LivingWithGames
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by LivingWithGames »

Don't even mention about HL2EP3, that number 3 will never exist.It depends of VALVe only.

About mods, I'm pretty much waiting for Black Mesa: Source.
RocketRunner
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by RocketRunner »

Everyone else already said what I was going to say (OPFOR 2 and Black Mesa, for starters).
I usually run from rockets.
Pretty straightforward.
Lt_Commander
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by Lt_Commander »

Gary wrote:C17: EP1. It doesn't bring a lot to the table in terms of gameplay, but the fact that it's going to be released with the code to all of it's amazing graphical features(DOF, Sunbeams, faster and better shadowmapping, dynamic sunlight, advanced shader effects, and more!) puts it at the top of my list. Come on, all mods can benefit from it's release, even OC.

Canvas. One of the few mods that doesn't require you to shoot everything(not that there is anything wrong with shooting stuff). Plus it looks like a lot of effort is going into the game's universe.

99Bolts. Post-apocalyptic waste land. What's there not to like? Plus, I'm their coder.

This. So much. I'm so ready to play with the shaders in that mod, and phong on walls. Finally.
Ranka
Donator
Donator

Post by Ranka »

Cry of Fear which comes out this month http://www.moddb.com/mods/cry-of-fear
Kamen Rider\Super Sentai\Tokusatsu Maniac