Black Mesa - Whatcha think about' it?

Talk about Valve games and mods.
Gary
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Re: Black Mesa - Whatcha think about' it?

Post by Gary »

LivingWithGames wrote:
Gary wrote:I never played HL1 before BMS. So I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not.
Oh my.You can't be serious.Can you?
First FPS(excluding doom) that I played on the PC was HL2. After the Orange Box was released (OB was a Christmas present one year). It was the sole reason I started upgrading my PC.

/derail]
Andrax17
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by Andrax17 »

Gary wrote:
LivingWithGames wrote:
Gary wrote:I never played HL1 before BMS. So I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not.
Oh my.You can't be serious.Can you?
First FPS(excluding doom) that I played on the PC was HL2. After the Orange Box was released (OB was a Christmas present one year). It was the sole reason I started upgrading my PC.

/derail]
My first fps game was Hexen.

I like Black Mesa, only played it for about 30minutes and havent touched it since (mainly because i have so many other things to do), i never really finished Half Life 1, but i know about most of the things that happen in it.

Black Mesa really looks beautiful on source, with its effects and everything. Really enjoyable game.
TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by TESLA-X4 »

Gary wrote:First FPS(excluding doom) that I played on the PC was HL2. After the Orange Box was released (OB was a Christmas present one year). It was the sole reason I started upgrading my PC.
In that case, holy crap you're fast. No, I'm not kidding or mocking or w/e - I mean it. You're already able to do so much after just these few years. :o
Apparently, Valve can't make games beyond the number 2.
I think the only time we'll get a Source SDK code update is when it starts having purchasable hats integrated, i.e. hatconomy.

Please do not make assumptions you are not knowledgeable enough to make - that just backfires on yourself.
Tick me off, and I'll be sure to give you the golden treatment. Haven't you heard? Silence is golden.
Gary
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Gary »

TESLA-X4 wrote:In that case, holy crap you're fast. No, I'm not kidding or mocking or w/e - I mean it. You're already able to do so much after just these few years. :o
Thanks man. But I sadly have almost nothing to show for it, like a mod, or even a map. At the most I have helped a lot of people over the years.

It's also interesting to see how much I have matured in general since then. You can look at my really old posts and topics and see how much of a noob I was.

Okay, now I'm going way off topic.
RocketRunner
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by RocketRunner »

There's a lot of nice touches to love about it, but I dislike how jumping works and how the weapons are nerfed. On the other hand, you can now shoot turrets to kill them easily.

I'm effing stuck on Blast Pit. I think the speed at which Gordon moves on ladders throws me off.
I usually run from rockets.
Pretty straightforward.
LivingWithGames
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by LivingWithGames »

RocketRunner wrote:There's a lot of nice touches to love about it, but I dislike how jumping works and how the weapons are nerfed. On the other hand, you can now shoot turrets to kill them easily.

I'm effing stuck on Blast Pit. I think the speed at which Gordon moves on ladders throws me off.
Just keep firing a lot of grenades, more nades than before you did in HL1.

Trust me, the part at the tentacle is harder than before, I had to save that part like 35 times, and died over 111 times.Not joking, I counted every single death and try.Even being so careful, I got random deaths, yes.If one of them hit me randomly, I'm dead, they'll know they actually hit me, and will hit me again to make sure I'm cut in half.
Sabre
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Sabre »

I liked what I played so far. I hated Blast Pit in the original. Some really weird easter eggs in it too. I found a cup with the chuckle brothers on. :S

I like the weapon splatter effect. I remember that was meant to happen in Resident Evil 2, and it happened in the Suffering. Is one of those things I don't get why it's not in everything.
RocketRunner
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by RocketRunner »

LivingWithGames wrote:Just keep firing a lot of grenades, more nades than before you did in HL1.

Trust me, the part at the tentacle is harder than before, I had to save that part like 35 times, and died over 111 times.Not joking, I counted every single death and try.Even being so careful, I got random deaths, yes.If one of them hit me randomly, I'm dead, they'll know they actually hit me, and will hit me again to make sure I'm cut in half.
...Oh jesus, really? Urgh.

At least I have ten whole grenades.
I usually run from rockets.
Pretty straightforward.
destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by destiny »

believe me once you finished the blast pit the launch the missle moment just feels very rewarding.
that and shooting with everything you have in your arsenal while having god mode.
anime watcher and manga reader and doesnt care what others think of it.
Image Image
LivingWithGames
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

destiny wrote: god mode
Don't tell me you actually cheated.

For shame. :boring:
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

LivingWithGames wrote:
destiny wrote: god mode
Don't tell me you actually cheated.
He used it to take the photo of the tentacles of their profile.
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos

LivingWithGames
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Makes sense now.
destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by destiny »

living you really thought id go as low as to do that for such a game? where would the fun be if you would be walking around withouth having to take cover?
anime watcher and manga reader and doesnt care what others think of it.
Image Image
Lucky9Two
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Lucky9Two »

Andrax17 wrote:
Gary wrote:First FPS(excluding doom) that I played on the PC was HL2.
My first fps game was Hexen.
My first PC game was Lego Rock Raiders.

I like Black Mesa. Granted there were parts where I was banging my head against the wall trying to figure out what to do, or why grenades weren't working in the tentacle chamber.

"For though I fly through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I will fear no evil, for I am at 70,000 feet and climbing"