exec: couldn't exec listenserver.cfg

Server Help/Discussion.
JubeiX90
Pixel

exec: couldn't exec listenserver.cfg

Post by JubeiX90 »

I've done all the necessary steps to make a listen server, yet it still doesn't work.

After creating a game, I check my console to see this:

exec couldn't exec listenserver.cfg

I'm pretty sure this is the problem.

I tried following a guide on the Steam forums to make my own cfg's for listen servers, and now my game just crashes on startup.

Can anyone PLEASE supply me with the correct information to make this listen server? I've been trying to get this working for the past two days.
Last edited by JubeiX90 on Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Hi, your trying to create a listen server so you can play on your own or so that others can join and play with you?

Please be a little more specific, also creating your own config, I seriously doubt would help you if anything it's propbably complicated the issues even more.

And I think this is a common error message.
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

it's not an error in that case, it just tell you that you didn't make the listenserver.cfg which is the same as the server.cfg for dedicated server (but for listen servers), if you don't create the server.cfg on an dedicated you get the same message
JubeiX90
Pixel

Post by JubeiX90 »

fug4life wrote:Hi, your trying to create a listen server so you can play on your own or so that others can join and play with you?

Please be a little more specific, also creating your own config, I seriously doubt would help you if anything it's propbably complicated the issues even more.

And I think this is a common error message.
I'm trying to make it so my friends can join my server so we can play a few games of oc_harvest, as they have not played the map before.

I can't get any of the regular dedicated servers to change to the map using any of the usual commands such as "rtv" or "votemap" anymore. I remember being able to do it a while back on any server.

I was able to rockthevote to oc_harvest on the YaS Funmap server, but the connection my friends and I get from the USA to the server is not acceptable for the amount of objects that need to be carried around in that map... it gets quite annoying.

The 24/7 oc_harvest is no fun to play on since most everything has already been bought.

If someone could help me diagnose this problem, that'd be awesome.

Or if someone would be so kind and manually change the map on their US hosted server, please contact me on Steam: BoonaX90