OC server not working due to missing/unlocated models

Server Help/Discussion.
Skull
Pixel

OC server not working due to missing/unlocated models

Post by Skull »

So i got the HLdsUpdateTool.exe and ran it what it does it makes a updated version of SRCDS.exe (dedicated source server tool) and so when i tried to run a server it gave me a error saying

Code: Select all

Model models/props_c17/lamppost03a_off.mdl not found and models/error.mdl couldn't be loaded 
(this is a dedicated server not a listening server and i have my ports open)

when i set it to start the server on a different map it gives me the same error but only replaceing the error with a different path to another model
heres what it looks like ( due to me being a n00b on the forums i cannot post a picture)
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

you didn't set your srcds up right. follow this guide:
http://wiki.neic0.de/?title=Setting_up_ ... _Windows_)

next time use the search function as most topics are handled already
Skull
Pixel

Post by Skull »

Yeah i did that took me to nights and the same problem came up
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

If you know the names of a missing model its probably because a GCF was overlooked and forgotten to be extracted. I'd suggest finding out which GCF the model is from and re-extracting the entire GCF.

I'm no expert but I'd give it a try...
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

if you did what the wiki page says then you should have copyed the hl2 folder from the srcds folder into the organgebox\hl2 folder (which fixes the problem...)
JigglyWiggly
Banned

Post by JigglyWiggly »

Neico wrote:if you did what the wiki page says then you should have copyed the hl2 folder from the srcds folder into the organgebox\hl2 folder (which fixes the problem...)
I made that problem the first time I set up my server, (I am guessing he did it as well). Could you maybe make that bolded next time(on the wiki), it's actually easy to overlook. Though I did feel quite stupid missing that :D
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

an wiki is based on the knowlegde of an userbase in this case this community, so feel free to register an acc if not already done and edit it yourself (i merly write something, but i sure do fix wrong things)