Invalid Steam key size.

Server Help/Discussion.
t0nk
Pixel

Invalid Steam key size.

Post by t0nk »

Any ideas? This is what my buddy said when he tried to connect to my dedicated server, when I try to connect I get "Couldn't allocate any server IP port." he gets "Invalid Steam key size."
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

t0nk
Pixel

Post by t0nk »

Im sorry, I read a tutorial that must have been out of date. Thank you for the prompt help.
t0nk
Pixel

Post by t0nk »

Just wanted to add I still can't connect to my own server. Is that to be expected since I only have one computer that works?
JigglyWiggly
Banned

Post by JigglyWiggly »

Hey t0nk this is quite ironic seeing you here. Since I'm a good sport, I'll help anyway. Can others connect to your servers, or is it just you that cannot connect, and you are connecting via ip right? (Also just a sidenote, I used the tutorial on the wiki, not the tutorial that w0rf0x posted up, I'm pretty sure they are exactly the same though. I might be imagining, but I think I remember seeing a few differences, so you might just want to try the one on the wiki. I just remade my server yesterday, I had some oddities, and it's work lovely)
Please post the log of the server when you run it.

One more thing, please post what you are using to start your serverup, for me it looks like this:

Code: Select all

F:\SRCDS\orangebox\srcds.exe -console -game obsidian +map oc_lobby +maxplayers 16 -ip 192.168.1.118
You might not need -ip, but I do need it, I use multiple ethernet ports on my server.

Also may I recommend serverchecker? It is the greatest tool ever for srcds, mainly because it auto restarts your server when it crashes. Though use it when you are done setting up your server the normal way.
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

ServerDoc is much better then Serverchecker...
JigglyWiggly
Banned

Post by JigglyWiggly »

Neico wrote:ServerDoc is much better then Serverchecker...
I've never used ServerDoc, what's the difference?
t0nk
Pixel

Post by t0nk »

Actually I figured it out a while ago. Sorry I didn't post to let you know =X

If someone else has problems connecting to their own server type this into your clients modsettings

clientport 27006
hostport 27016
tv_port 27021

assuming of course your server is being hosted on 27015

My original problem where no one could connect to my server was solved by the last step in the server tutorial post that wasn't in the wiki.
JigglyWiggly
Banned

Post by JigglyWiggly »

t0nk wrote:Actually I figured it out a while ago. Sorry I didn't post to let you know =X

If someone else has problems connecting to their own server type this into your clients modsettings

clientport 27006
hostport 27016
tv_port 27021

assuming of course your server is being hosted on 27015

My original problem where no one could connect to my server was solved by the last step in the server tutorial post that wasn't in the wiki.
I didn't need any of that :?
Dr.Stinglock
Donator
Donator

Post by Dr.Stinglock »

JigglyWiggly wrote:
Neico wrote:ServerDoc is much better then Serverchecker...
I've never used ServerDoc, what's the difference?
A web front end for restarting it seems.
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

well and some other little things that i won't list, just test it out and you will see the difference