portforwarding

Server Help/Discussion.
scott
Vertex
Vertex

portforwarding

Post by scott »

I know i could of put this in the redirect post but others may have this question.

What is the port range for obsidian conflict?
i know portforward.com and my router # just whats the port range?
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Same as any other Valve game.

Go to steam forums and search port forwarding. It should list the range.
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
scott
Vertex
Vertex

Post by scott »

I set my ports for Half Life 2 Steam Server long a go and the ranges are

27015~27015

27020~27020

but i see this in console when I run a server
Adding master server 69.28.140.247:27011
Adding master server 68.142.72.250:27011

so portforward 27011?
JigglyWiggly
Banned

Post by JigglyWiggly »

I just portforwarded these and it works

Code: Select all

WAN	 UDP	 1200 	 192.168.1.118	
(ext.: 24.4.45.55)	 1200 	  	

WAN	 UDP	 27000 - 27017	 192.168.1.118	
(ext.: 24.4.45.55)	 27000 - 27017	  	

WAN	 UDP	 27020 - 27030	 192.168.1.118	
(ext.: 24.4.45.55)	 27020 - 27030	  	

WAN	 TCP	 27030 - 27039	 192.168.1.118	
(ext.: 24.4.45.55)	 27030 - 27039	  	

WAN	 TCP	 27015 - 27017	 192.168.1.118	
(ext.: 24.4.45.55)	 27015 - 27017
Sorry about crap formatting, but I am lazy :P
scott
Vertex
Vertex

Post by scott »

From your list mine has thes ports open

1200~1200
27000 ~ 27017
27020 ~ 27039

i combined some of them because thy were conflicting because i did not UDP and TCP.
when i was first learning portforwording my networking teacher says that its more easy to put it as both.

and because all routers are not the same mine is a comcast SMC networks router. Has ben easy to use.
and 1 word of advice dont ever show your ip because someone can find out whar you live
Delete your post now!! and re-post it with out you ip on it
JigglyWiggly
Banned

Post by JigglyWiggly »

scott wrote:From your list mine has thes ports open

1200~1200
27000 ~ 27017
27020 ~ 27039

i combined some of them because thy were conflicting because i did not UDP and TCP.
when i was first learning portforwording my networking teacher says that its more easy to put it as both.

and because all routers are not the same mine is a comcast SMC networks router. Has ben easy to use.
and 1 word of advice dont ever show your ip because someone can find out whar you live
Delete your post now!! and re-post it with out you ip on it
Ew...

I built my own router, using a distrobution of freebsd... known as pfsense
http://www.pfsense.com/
The best open source router out there... so configurable, and since it's *nix based... so powerful :D Can run openvpn on it, SNORT, awesome QoS, and so much other stuff.

Of course for noobs, I wouldn't install it. Sure it's not HARD, but you must have some general networking experience.
Oh and vlan support... oh and, my favorite you can setup the firewall to allow different nics to not talk to eachother on different subnets. It's epic.

Also if you are talking about my ip. Why would I care if someone has my ip adress?

Just ping 3dslice.net, you can get it that way if you want as well.
Actually I have your ip address logged somewhere as well. Because when you load my sig, apache by default logs the ip address of what someone loaded. So I have your browser, what OS you have, and your ip. Of course none of that is revealing.
How do you think those danasoft signatures work?

Also you can't find out where someone lives on your ip address roflmao. You can find out what city or vacinity they live in. Good luck looking in the Bay Area for me :D

Honestly, everyone who plays Obsidian Conflict is really REALLY stupid. I get constant messages saying, Jigglywiggly " I have been hacked", or "They said they are going to hack your server!"

I just try helping this supposed 12 year old hacker, by telling him how my network is setup. Because honestly, if you get past my freebsd router + my untangle bridge(debian based) + my server runs Debian. Then you are a black hat. In which case you wouldn't even be playing Obsidian... You would be playing Unreal Tournament 3. It's so freaking crazy that game, every person I met is a freaking IT worker, and they usually are handy in Unix-like systems.

Nobody is ever pro if you play mods, other than the developer.

Also if someone found out where I lived by finding someone I know in RL, then would I REALLY care? What are they going to do post it on the Internet? Kill me with an axe? I HAVE ADT SECURITY BITCH.
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

Listen to jiggly, everyone who plays oc is an idiot and real hackers play ut3!

No seriously, youre just putting up with the wrong people, maybe stop hosting RP maps on your so-called "best oc server" so you stop attracting 12 year old kids who like to create shitty RP clans because they take the game way too serious.

All the stuff you mentioned never really happened to me or any of the other servers like Darkdevice, Z-server or Syonbori server, Those are what i call the true "best oc servers", not your RP Playground for 12 year olds.

I wonder if you even realize how stupid and arrogant the shit you type sounds.
JerC
Donator
Donator

Post by JerC »

W0rf0x wrote:Listen to jiggly, everyone who plays oc is an idiot and real hackers play ut3!

No seriously, youre just putting up with the wrong people, maybe stop hosting RP maps on your so-called "best oc server" so you stop attracting 12 year old kids who like to create shitty RP clans because they take the game way too serious.

All the stuff you mentioned never really happened to me or any of the other servers like Darkdevice, Z-server or Syonbori server, Those are what i call the true "best oc servers", not your RP Playground for 12 year olds.

Agree X9000
Please don't take my posts before 2013 too seriously. It will be better for both you and I :c
LinkNEO
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by LinkNEO »

W0rf0x wrote:The Truth
I love you worfox
scott
Vertex
Vertex

Post by scott »

Ok 2 replies 1st one to JigglyWiggly post.

I under stand what you mean now, I took a networking class and the router and ip is what I did best on. Its just that class didn't cover tracking ips and seeing other ip in videogames. classes don't do that because that teach you on the IT career.

2ed one gos to W0rf0x.

any one can just say ill hack or im a admin do what i say, all you do is just keep on playing thay end up leaving the server, It's the most easy way to test them. If you get kicked o well play some other server.(because it looks like you play UT3 hit my www for ut3 mods and hl2 allso.)

And one question why dose players 15 and younger are the ones that have the microphones?
JigglyWiggly
Banned

Post by JigglyWiggly »

W0rf0x wrote:Listen to jiggly, everyone who plays oc is an idiot and real hackers play ut3!

Yes I am arrogant.
Everyone on OC is 12 years old, there are very few people older than that. I don't give a shit what happens on my server, why? Because I don't pay anything, I just run the dedicated server.

I just let random admins like Jawn Mancer(who is 20) be admin. I could careless what happens in my server, I just host it to spawn barrels. The admins do what they want with it.

My server is used for anything, I have never been to a server that doesn't have 12 year olds.

Also my server IS the best.
Why?
Specs q6600 @ 3.6 ghz, 6x500 hds in RAID 5 where Obsidian and the vms lie, and 2x500 BLACK WD hds in raid 0.
8 gigs of ram
Windows Server 2k8 R2, all the vms run a *nix type of system.
(Windows is better for drivers)

So where does my point come in? Oh yeah, my server kicks everyone's ass.

Sidenote, when are the Linux binaries coming?

Oh and yes everyone in UT3 is an IT worker go to a 32 person server, ask anyone if they work in IT related systems.
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

So you have the FASTEST server, but not the BEST server.

Saying your server is the best just because it has the fastest hardware doesnt make sense, just like most of the other stuff you say.
Seriously, just shut up already, you make yourself look like a retard.
JigglyWiggly
Banned

Post by JigglyWiggly »

W0rf0x wrote:So you have the FASTEST server, but not the BEST server.

Saying your server is the best just because it has the fastest hardware doesnt make sense, just like most of the other stuff you say.
Seriously, just shut up already, you make yourself look like a retard.
Let's think logically about this in the lovely language of java or C#

public boolean hasbest() {
boolean b =false;
if(jigglywiggly.hasbesthardware()) {
b=true

}
return b }

public void fuckenhell() {
if(hasbest()) {
String s="Jigglywiggly has the best server because he has has the devine hardware"

linkedlist.add(s);

}

public void printout() {
for(int i =0; i<linkedlist.size(); i++ ) {
System.out.print(linkedlist.get(i);
}

Therefore we can conclude I have the best hardware and server. Oh and I have great upload speeds as well.

Oh and before you think I just learned programming and am being anoyying, nein, I am in damn 300 level class, I wuv artificial intelligence. DAMN YOU LISP.

Oh and I should get back to social sciences.
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

You sure are an pathetic asshole, goodbye.
shiftey
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by shiftey »

Bada boop boop boop. Another one bites the dust. *CLAP* *CLAP*