Enable Bunny Hop in New Maps

Server Help/Discussion.
Fishsticks
Pixel

Enable Bunny Hop in New Maps

Post by Fishsticks »

After being all excited for b1.35 I fire up a listen server only to find I can't bunny hop in some of the new maps. Is there a server (or sm_cvar) command to re-enable bunny hopping? Neither me or my friends I play with want to play if we can't bunny hop, racing each other through the straightforward non-puzzle sections is half the fun.
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

when some maps disable bunny hop then there's a reason for it, period.
Fishsticks
Pixel

Post by Fishsticks »

I understand some mappers disable hopping for a reason, but when there's only 3 people in a private server who all want to bunny hop around, shouldn't there be an option? Maybe I'm crazy for wanting to go fast, but like I mentioned in the original post, it's just not fun turtling along large stretches of road.

Odds are if all new maps come out with bhop disabled, we're just going to outright stop playing.
Neliel
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Neliel »

That's a little sad to stop playing a mod because you can't exploit the engine on some maps. >.>
Fishsticks
Pixel

Post by Fishsticks »

Neliel wrote:That's a little sad to stop playing a mod because you can't exploit the engine on some maps. >.>
See:
Fishsticks wrote:racing each other through the straightforward non-puzzle sections is half the fun.
and:
Fishsticks wrote:it's just not fun turtling along large stretches of road.
Hitting almost 2000 velocity in some straight, downhill sections is insanely fun. Even with my banana hands I can manage to slam the spacebar down with proper enough timing to do it. You should try it sometime on the HL2 jeep levels.
Once you see how amazing it is, you won't be able to play normally, it's boring as hell. We tried playing the new oc_wildfire and had to quit halfway through the mines or whatever they are because it felt so boring. An incredible map though.
shiftey
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by shiftey »

Yeah. I know what you mean. I couldn't play Bioshock, Call of Duty, Fallout 3, or Dead Space for that very reason. Those games were super boring because I couldn't speed through them like a Kenyan.

I don't understand why those games are so popular. They are complete rubbish because of the realistic movement speed.

I think they could learn a thing or two from UT.
Fishsticks
Pixel

Post by Fishsticks »

shiftey wrote:Yeah. I know what you mean. I couldn't play Bioshock, Call of Duty, Fallout 3, or Dead Space for that very reason. Those games were super boring because I couldn't speed through them like a Kenyan.

I don't understand why those games are so popular. They are complete rubbish because of the realistic movement speed.

I think they could learn a thing or two from UT.
If only I could somehow pour Powerthirst directly into my video games.
Datastream
Donator
Donator

Post by Datastream »

If someone is going to answer his question: sv_bunnyhop as far as I can recall. Could've changed though.
Alfie
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Alfie »

mp_bunnyhop 1

not sv_
Datastream
Donator
Donator

Post by Datastream »

whatevaaaaaah. When I looked at thru the sv commands I saw it in there so it had to be that one. :P