Strange OC listen server problems

Server Help/Discussion.
Suppercut
Polygon
Polygon

Strange OC listen server problems

Post by Suppercut »

Me and an RL friend decided to hop on Obsidian Conflict together to play through the HL2 campaign. After forwarding all ports required by Source, I started up a listen server and set sv_lan to 0. Sam (the RL friend) reported that it gave a connection error relating to "only local computers can connect to a LAN server". After a few tries, we decided to use Hamachi to connect to each other LAN-wise. It gave the exact same error. Sam decided to test out (this might be a completely off-topic problem but might be an explanation) whether or not he could join another server. It gave him the error message that his account was already logged in on another computer. This was stupid, as his account was working fine, and he was chatting with me via Steam, and he was not kicked off the account. He exited, and tried Garrysmod. It gave him the same error. That and Counter-strike. His account was fine, he could play games, but he couldn't create/join any multiplayer game in any game. My account seems fine, though.

If anyone can figure out whether this was OC's problem, the LAN client's (Hamachi's) problem, or a simple Steam regularly-scheduled fraking up? Please let us know, I wanna blast Combine in the face with a Tau cannon already!
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

to fix the lan server thing: do sv_lan 0 and do a changelevel (or just write sv_lan into the game.cfg / autoexec.cfg)

the thing about being logged in another location is a steam bug, shutdown steam and delete the clientregistry.blob in the steam folder, start steam again and you're fine

PS: using the search function would have gave you those awnsers too
Suppercut
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Suppercut »

Thanks, I'll pass that on to him.