Installing Sourcemod

Server Help/Discussion.
goirdin
Vertex
Vertex

Installing Sourcemod

Post by goirdin »

I could use some help extracting sourcemod. I've extracted it to "addons" and followed the instructions on their website. So my folder path would be C:\srcds\orangebox\obsidian\addons\sourcemod and it still isn't working. I've also found a vdf file on their website which i also tried putting in addons with no luck. I've tried everything i can think of, down to installing the raw sourcemod into "obsidian". Nothing works, when i start up the server it still doesn't have sourcemod. So i would really appreciate some help.
Andrax17
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Re: Installing Sourcemod

Post by Andrax17 »

goirdin wrote:I could use some help extracting sourcemod. I've extracted it to "addons" and followed the instructions on their website. So my folder path would be C:\srcds\orangebox\obsidian\addons\sourcemod and it still isn't working. I've also found a vdf file on their website which i also tried putting in addons with no luck. I've tried everything i can think of, down to installing the raw sourcemod into "obsidian". Nothing works, when i start up the server it still doesn't have sourcemod. So i would really appreciate some help.
sourcemod needs Metamod: Source
http://www.sourcemm.net/downloads/mmsou ... indows.zip
and install it to the addons folder

and metamod.vdf file
http://www.sourcemm.net/vdf
dont put anything to the "Game" part, you need to type Obsidian to the "Game Folder" and press "Generate metamod.vdf"

then you download the metamod.vdf and put it to the addons folder, so it would look like:

aand then it should work
goirdin
Vertex
Vertex

Post by goirdin »

I got metamod from the sourcemod download, but i decided to download metamod from your link too, still didn't work. I also already had the .vdf file in addons as well. Everything seems to be working fine, and i've tried restarting the server several times, is there something i'm forgetting?
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

post the contents of the vdf file (use the code tag)
goirdin
Vertex
Vertex

Post by goirdin »

I'm sorry i can't open the vdf file i don't know what you mean by code tag :/

But on the vdf download, i typed in the exact path to my obsidian folder.
Alfie
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Alfie »

To open the VDF file, right click it, click "Open with..." Then select Notepad.

And code tags are just

Code: Select all

[./code] without the fullstop, you then put your VDF file contents in there.

Might I also suggest getting [url=http://notepad-plus-plus.org/]NotePad++[/url]. It's an amazing program
goirdin
Vertex
Vertex

Post by goirdin »

okay thanks for that, here is the vdf:

"Plugin"
{
"file" "../C:\srcds\orangebox\obsidian/addons/metamod/bin/server"
}
Alfie
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Alfie »

"Plugin"
{
	"file"	"../obsidian/addons/metamod/bin/server"
}
That's what mine is, copy and past that into the VDF and put it in addons folder
goirdin
Vertex
Vertex

Post by goirdin »

I can't thank you enough, you have no idea how much time i spent trying to install it when the problem was just a small problem in the VDF file. It worked if your wondering. Now could i get some advice configuring sourcemod? like how many votes it takes to change RTV? If not i can figure it out :)
thanks again.
Andrax17
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by Andrax17 »

goirdin wrote:I can't thank you enough, you have no idea how much time i spent trying to install it when the problem was just a small problem in the VDF file. It worked if your wondering. Now could i get some advice configuring sourcemod? like how many votes it takes to change RTV? If not i can figure it out :)
thanks again.
sure.
first, you need to enable RTV's n such.
the disabled plugins (such as rtv) can be found in "\obsidian\addons\sourcemod\plugins\disabled"

you just move the plugins you want from there to the "plugins" folder.
(i usually enable nominations, mapchooser and rtv)

then go to "\obsidian\cfg\sourcemod" and open rtv.cfg in notepad, there you can change the settings and all

i dont remember if rtv.cfg was always there or if you needed to start the server with the plugins first to make it appear.

and when you open it, you see thing like

// Number of players required before RTV will be enabled.
// -
// Default: "0"
// Minimum: "0.000000"
// Maximum: "64.000000"
sm_rtv_minplayers "0"
Dont change the values that comes after // (those are only comments, notes). You need to change the last one "sm_rtv_minplayers "0""
goirdin
Vertex
Vertex

Post by goirdin »

Thanks, i got sourcemod all set up thanks to the forums!