Server crash when changing levels to oc_antlion_attack_01

Server Help/Discussion.
tgp1994
Vertex
Vertex

Server crash when changing levels to oc_antlion_attack_01

Post by tgp1994 »

Greetings everyone,

My obsidian server consistently crashes when changing levels, from oc_lobby to oc_antion_attack_01. No errors from what I can tell, it just crashes.

If it helps, the console reports that my server is out of date and it needs to be updated, although I've just run hldsupdatetool for orangebox. What else could possibly need updating?
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Re: Server crash when changing levels to oc_antlion_attack_0

Post by Neico »

http://www.obsidianconflict.net/forums/ ... =29&t=4283

sticky's are there for a reason, and I guess you didn't setup those mounts / the file structure in gernal on the server right~
tgp1994
Vertex
Vertex

Re: Server crash when changing levels to oc_antlion_attack_0

Post by tgp1994 »

Neico wrote:http://www.obsidianconflict.net/forums/ ... =29&t=4283

sticky's are there for a reason, and I guess you didn't setup those mounts / the file structure in gernal on the server right~
Nope, I followed the wiki tutorial to the letter, installing the content I needed (Half Life 2), implying that no special mounts were necessary.

I normally read stickies that appear to apply to my situation, delisting not being one of them. Following that sticky did not fix the crashing issue, although, it did remove the server out of date errors.

EDIT: Well, it looks like doing a verify_all in the hldsupdatetool while updating orangebox fixed the issue. What would you think about redirecting the server installation wiki page to the second one, rather than having both going at the same time? I think the second one is a lot more straightforward and easier to follow.