I know it sounds crazy,but co-op & dm in a map is it pos

Discuss Certain Aspects of Mapping, Modeling, and Coding.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

I know it sounds crazy,but co-op & dm in a map is it pos

Post by fug4life »

I hear yur already, yes a co-op mod!!!

I started work on a small arena map (This one is a quicky! the other, take the hill map is WIP)

Ok I wanted some thing like stadium and kake_d

My maps name is not decided yet but it was gonna be something like, wait for it... 'oc_stunstick arena'

So basically I wanted you to be able to choose game modes within the map, and once teleported into the arena play what ever and be equipped with whatever, I wanted to give options like fighting npc's or fighting duel mode (1v1 with stunsticks) deathmatch, npc tornament mode etc, etc, Is it possible? I think I can have team deathmatch by using red/blue maybe? but I wanted a mode where once you complete the npc game it goes into deathmatch and a last man standing situation withy stunsticks only?

If any of you are old enough to remember Double dragon the arcade machine, at the end of the game after you've kicked the shit out of the final boss, If you played in co-op at the end you had too fight each other to win the lady! :twisted:

So thats why!

I looked at setting relationships player hate player, can I use a point command to switch ffon and off , just for my map on the servers?

I know its a long shot!
Hyperjag3
npc_strider
npc_strider

Post by Hyperjag3 »

You can set mp_friendlyfire to 1, I believe it still adds to your score regardless of who you kill.
Gandorques Hikla
Entity Master
Entity Master

Post by Gandorques Hikla »

A possible solution would be the team Joining Console Commands (I dont know them exactly),wich would provide In-Game Teaming/Unteaming and Teamchanging, you just need 1 point_servercommand and 1 point_clientcommand, the Servercommand is changing sv_cheats to 1, the clientcommand lets the client join the specified team (maybe choosing buttons), and the Servercommand is setting sv_cheats back to 0, all in as less time as possible (maybe 0.02 Seconds, 0.00->sv_cheats 1 0.01->Teamchange 0.02->sv_cheats 0) to prevent Cheat abuse.
Remember that the Clientcommand have to be directly triggered by a button or Multiple, and dont work over relays or such stuff.
Don´t feed the Graphic Whores!
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Thanks guys for the help, I now have something to go on.

Oh and Gandorques Hikla, Your old teleporter tutorial came into good use for this map, The trigger multi came in very use full, I'm quite pleased with it I added some fancy sprites and some nice electric sounds so when you teleport through. So just letting you know, tutorials are appreciated!

:P
CozmicShredder
Polygon
Polygon

Post by CozmicShredder »

How about call it OC_Bordello_of_Blood
CozWorld Gaming Community
http://www.cozworld.com
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »