A couple of questions.

Discuss Certain Aspects of Mapping, Modeling, and Coding.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

A couple of questions.

Post by fug4life »

Does the lives mode work ok in oc at the moment or in 1.3? I've never used. And I can't remeber but is there a lives mode for the team? or for individuals? I'm after for the individual.
And Is it possible to place them into sepctator mode with a point server command when their lives run out and back again If I added say round for the map?
Also I know PowerMad mentioned this but is it possible to have a map that starts in darkness (night time) and turns to day time, or does that take a lot of customising?

I have no idea :)

Well I haven't touched hammer much in the past month, off to spain, valencia for the weekend, but I really wanna get back into thing's, I might scrap a couple of my less appealing wip maps, try finish maybe 1 or 2 although they aren't looking too hot at the moment. But I'm toying with a couple of ideas for my next map. :roll:
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Power-Mad
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Power-Mad »

Lives would be a lot nicer if there was a "player_spawn_nolife" that would make it so the player just spawns somewhere else under different conditions if he runs out of lives, but yeah, it does work.

As for night and day, do no try this yourself. The system I am using is under extreme supervision and has given me a LOAD of troubles.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

chrs, I think I'll give that Idea a miss :)
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database