Maps Question!!

Discuss Certain Aspects of Mapping, Modeling, and Coding.
Crimedog
Pixel

Maps Question!!

Post by Crimedog »

This post will be a 3 parter, first part is me saying Hi!! Heard about Obsidian Conflict from a friend, and I have to say it is WAY better than Synergy. Much more Customization, better maps, and from what I've seen, better community.

Which brings me to one of the reasons I am here....I was on a server last night playing a map, coop_zelda something or other. My question isn't really in regards to that map in particular, but more to the person who made it. Will you be making more? Because that map was amazing, the layout was exactly the same as the real game, and everything looked and worked amazingly. I was very impressed with it, and I really want to see more Legend of Zelda dungeons.

And finally, I had an idea, it's big I know, but I think with Obsidian Conflict and the obvious talent involved here, and not just with the person who made that map, but others I've seen as well, what about making the whole Legend Of Zelda game? It would be tedious and time consuming, would require more than one actual map, dungeons would have to be their own maps, and the larger main map would have to be broken down quite a bit. But who WOULDN'T like to go back and play the whole game, through a first person point of view?

I don't have the skill in mapping to do this, not to mention I have my own project I am working on. This would be a large undertaking, but in all reality would be more time consuming than difficult. Or at least not have a whole lot that would be time consuming.

Anyways, that's what I'm asking for, more of Legend Of Zelda maps, if not the whole game. And yes I do realize that most likely the whole game will not be made. But even so, more dungeons would be really nice.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Hi, to answer your question, a Japanese guy called Zteer made the coop_zelda map.

If you want to speak to let him know you should really simplify your request and PM him, though please bare in mind his English is limited and he relies on a translator for help from time to time.

Though if you want to check out his other maps you should look here:

http://74.125.127.132/translate_c?hl=en ... VOMMy853Ug
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database