Modding help

Discuss Certain Aspects of Mapping, Modeling, and Coding.
boxerfangg
Pixel

Modding help

Post by boxerfangg »

Hello everyone, im a newb and just recently got steam to play with my friends, he recomended this mod to me and I got it, and I have to say its really fun, however thats not the point, I am interested im modding for source based games and have studied alot on google but everything is still very vague to me. From what I know I can use hammer to make maps, and XSI to make custom player models, props, and weapons. I am going to order some Noesis dvds to learn how to do these things but first I need some things cleared up, If I make some custom models, levels, props, and weapons, and put them in my server files will people be able to use these in my server?? Will I need to know any programming or scripting languages to add these things to my server??(Still learning c++) And does anybody know where I can find some tuts on how to make custom weapon models and animations and how to add them to a source game?? because I dont see any noesis guides for this.

Thanks for reading and if anyone can clear some stuff up for me I will be very happy :)
boxerfangg
Pixel

Post by boxerfangg »

I want to be able to make custom content for any source based game and host a server with it. Once I learn more about the source engine then maybe move onto making my own source game. Thaks for the resources :)
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

feel free to ask if you get stuck somewhere, for me i might help where i can and when my time let me be, and i guess many people here can help you at least with mapping here