I can´t see anything in the .tga image of HLMV

Discuss Certain Aspects of Mapping, Modeling, and Coding.
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

I can´t see anything in the .tga image of HLMV

Post by MaestraFénix »

I create a playermodel pack following the tutorial of Fug4Live: http://www.obsidianconflict.net/forums/ ... php?t=3567
Ok. When i have a pose in HLMV (to create the VGUI image on OC) and use the option "Make screenshot", the program create a .tga image. When i open it (i have Gimp 2 and Paint.net), the image is grey. I tried it many times, but not work.

Any solution?
Last edited by MaestraFénix on Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fighter
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Fighter »

I think it is Source SDK bug for mods. I can't see anything in HLMV when I choose Obsidian Conflict. I must copy playermodels, textures and animations for OC playermodel (models/player , 4 or 5 files with male_ or female_ prefix) and paste to Ep2. In Ep2 Make Screenshot works.
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

Dont work. In all the engines when i take a screenshot see all grey, as if not loaded the model.
Fighter
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Fighter »

So try make printscreen and paste to Paint ;p
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Weird, I haven't use HLMV since before 1.35 but it should be fine once opened into paint program.
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

Well, i can´t post a reply 5 minutes after my last post because i had to go to class. Yes, the bug still here, but i use printscreen to made the images.

Thanks anyway.

P.D: I do this because i remember read it here: http://www.obsidianconflict.net/forums/ ... php?t=3567
Pose picture in model viewer > alt+ prtscrn > paste into paint > crop into 256 x 200 at first then so that deletes the bottom part of the picture otherwise it overhangs in the vgui box, then increase the bottom part to 256 so that it is 256x 256, with the picture in the top left corner > then copy and paste into Paint.net > use the magicwand to get rid of the background and then zoom in and remove any other bits (always best to use a bright colour not matched to the model) > save one version of the model using the model name as a .png and then another version ofthe picture as a .tga @ 32 bit > then put up the preview picture the .png version for people to see ^_^ > i have a desktop shortcut to VTFEdit, so i can drag my .tga file into it and it loads the file, agree to the set up conditions and save the file as the name of the model and your done =D
Rufus
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Rufus »

Fighter wrote:I think it is Source SDK bug for mods. I can't see anything in HLMV when I choose Obsidian Conflict.
Is this when running the Source 2007 or 2009? I get similar problems with 2009, but it works fine in 2007. You might just need to copy the configuration across.
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

2007. Its the recomendation in the wiki.