Player Model Conversion tool

Discuss Certain Aspects of Mapping, Modeling, and Coding.
Sabre
prop_static
prop_static

Player Model Conversion tool

Post by Sabre »

Was looking at the play model conversion tutorial. I noticed alot of it had to do with moving files and hex editing. I haven't make a program in almost a decade, but wouldn't a program be able to do that for you? Drag and drop the folder, run the program that renames and hex edits (assuming the edits are the same for each model) then run it through the model viewer?
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Re: Player Model Conversion tool

Post by MaestraFénix »

Make playermodels looks easy, but only if is from an existant playermodel (for example, a GMOD playermoder). Only you have to decompile, change their anims and compile.

The problem comes when dont have the same skeleton (it must have the HL2 Valvebiped type or it will not work), is bad ragdolled, or directly, have bad flexes (<-prepare for a long time fixing it).

I think that is not possible make a program to do this (it would need a decompiler and compiler, and sadly, no one made a better decompiler than the incredible old from Cannonfolder, that now is giving problems with the Portal 2 models).
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos

Gary
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Re: Player Model Conversion tool

Post by Gary »

It's possible to make a tool to do this, but unless a coder has a lot of free time on their hands, I don't see it happening. Mainly because it's so easy to convert models(as long as it has the same rig), making it kinda pointless to waste the time on such a tool.