Func_rotating and Player Collisions

Need Help? The Day isnt going so well on the Mapping front?
shiftey
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Func_rotating and Player Collisions

Post by shiftey »

I'm making a lift that is pushed up and down by func_rotating beams parented to each other to make an accordion-type lift device. I parented a prop_dynamic elevator model to the top and set up a simple button to initiate the elevator.

When activated, the accordion beams (the func_rotating brushes), unfold and push the elevator up. However, when I try to hop on it, the elevator stops moving. If i jump, the elevator rises until I land back onto it. It does the same thing when its going down. It only moves when the player isn't touching it.

I tried parenting a func_brush set to solidbsp to the lift but it does the same thing. I also tried setting up a separate path_track but it doesn't sync with the animation of the accordion beams so it looks silly. Is there a flag or setting I'm not seeing, or is the 15+ func_rotating brushes too complicated to calculate player collisions?
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Not sure if it'll help but you tried making a func_brush with the playerclip tool texture? And parenting that to the exsisting platform?
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
shiftey
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by shiftey »

That didn't work either. But thankfully I stumbled across an option to solidbsp the func_rotatings. That fixed my problem but now I can't get the lift to stop at each floor. I tried setting a trigger with a filter to stop the motion when the lift enters the trigger but it doesn't work.
shiftey
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by shiftey »

I'm having another problem with the NPC turret near the elevator.

The turrets can somehow see the player through a prop_dynamic door and a func_door and they start shooting. The bullets don't go through however, you can hear them hitting the other side of the door. I talked to w0f0x and he said put up a BlockLOS brush but it still doesn't help. I get the following error in the console "blocking issue in occlusion queries! Grab brian!"