Level-change with a simple button

Need Help? The Day isnt going so well on the Mapping front?
R.Marvin
Vertex
Vertex

Level-change with a simple button

Post by R.Marvin »

Hi!

How can I make a correct level change-button into my mod? I make the remake of the old wolfenstein 3d (1992), so I don't want to make a hl-style forward-backward levelchange. Need only a simple button levelchange.

I tried the point_servercommand, but after levelchanging I loose all of my weapons, items, and suit. (this solution would be very symphatic)

I tried too the landmark-style, but after levelchanging on the new map there were a lot of items from the previous map...

Thanks!
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

I think if you have stuff that's changing level with you, its because you've specified a 'global name' on some of your entities, other than that you can use filters to make sure things that you want get moved.

Also check flags on the trigger changelevel and specify some more, i.e clients, physics, npcs pushables etc.
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Blues
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by Blues »

I think items in a certain radius around the trigger's origin are teleported into the new map to make the level change look more reasonable. What would it look like if they were gone all of a sudden?

Maybe you can change that radius in the properties.

Also you could set the "Force hard transition" key to "yes" in your trigger_changelevel's properties. Perhaps that will do.
Image Image Image

Excuse me for being rude. I'm usually drunk while posting.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Indeed their is a radius in Obsidians but he's making his own mod, sooo I'm not so sure.
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Blues
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by Blues »

There is a radius in HL², too, I think, and even if it was on own mod - if you don't remove that thing by deleting the code, it should still be there...
Image Image Image

Excuse me for being rude. I'm usually drunk while posting.