[SOLVED] All MapTools Work as Camera MapTool Problem

Need Help? The Day isnt going so well on the Mapping front?
shiftey
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

[SOLVED] All MapTools Work as Camera MapTool Problem

Post by shiftey »

I just experienced an odd problem. Whatever maptool icon I click on, when i click in a viewport, it acts as the camera maptool even though that button is not selected. I tried deleting my sourcesdk folder and it still didn't help. I think I may have to open regedit to change a value but I don't know where to look and what for.

EDIT: Ok I figured it out. There is a problem with the registry so you must go to start menu, click on run, type in "regedit". Browse to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve" and delete the folder named "Hammer". When you restart Hammer it will remake these regfiles and it should fix your problem.

Hopefully this will help somebody. It was driving me crazy for the past hour or so.
Last edited by shiftey on Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

That's bizarre, you sure you don't have some sort of hammer virus. ;)
Which viewport are you clicking? Not the 3D view one right. You cant build on that.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

My computer is infested with them!
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
shiftey
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by shiftey »

What happened was I have automove to field enabled on windows mouse settings. When Hammer was starting up I tried to click on something on my desktop and happened to click right as some weird hammer loading options flashed on and off the screen. So I clicked on something that I couldn't get back to and it somehow messed up my mouse settings in Hammer.

I'm not sure what it was but if you watch closely when Hammer starts you can see a menu box flash on and off the screen right before Hammer loads up.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

ronjonsh wrote: I'm not sure what it was but if you watch closely when Hammer starts you can see a menu box flash on and off the screen right before Hammer loads up.
My after thought after response is...

Prehaps you and your monitor need time out, or at least sit back a bit, not so close to the screen.
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database