Help with spawning a npc or monster.

Need Help? The Day isnt going so well on the Mapping front?
skyewing
Vertex
Vertex

Help with spawning a npc or monster.

Post by skyewing »

I have some basic understanding of the scripting in hammer, but I have a noobie question, i tried to search to see if anyone else had asked but didnt find a thread on here.

Basically what i want to do at the moment is have a logic timer that spawns monsters, how could i do that? i know how to set up all the outputs and inputs, im just curious what entity i need to use to actually spawn the monster and model.

Thanks!

edit
Yeah so i shouldnt have given up and posted so easily, i found what i should be using, the npc template maker right? Testing now :D
skyewing
Vertex
Vertex

Post by skyewing »

Another question though.
1. When is the wiki going to be backup.

and 2.
Can someone help me to get the game to launch from hammer. The tutorial in this forum is kind of outdated because its on the orangebox engine now, and I fixed the gameconfig fine, but im unsure as to what hl2 executable to use. I tried to use the one in the sourcesdk2007base(but chrashed with fs error), or the steam one, but i wasnt sure were to put the commandline option for the steamlaunch id. Any help would be appreciated.

btw i know i can launch it through the game menu, and i have been, but i like to skip the extra 5 seconds. Also again where can i put cmd lines options, like window mode , or do i have to annoyingly configure the advanced compile window to do that. Thanks!
Gary
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Gary »

I am unsure of you second question, if you are asking how to add OC to your sdk, there's an installer in the wiki.
But, I downloaded it not to long ago, and still have the zip, if you want, I can re-upload it for you?
Ny
Phone Donator
Phone Donator

Post by Ny »

Heres the link for the OC SDK installer, made by Shiftey:

http://www.ronjonproductions.com/downloads/obsdk.zip
:nyoron:
skyewing
Vertex
Vertex

Post by skyewing »

Thanks for the help!. Ill try the the oc installer later if i have to.
For now i just been keeping it in window mode. But there is this odd glitch, after stopping and starting my map so many times without quitting the game will make the models dissapear, but they are still there(can attack and die ) which is quite bizzarre lol. Im using the antlion npc if that is any relevance.

I appreciate the help, sorry I can be confusing sometimes, didnt take the time to edit it to make sense.