Combine does on first hit by headshot...

Need Help? The Day isnt going so well on the Mapping front?
JigglyWiggly
Banned

Combine does on first hit by headshot...

Post by JigglyWiggly »

Ok so say I have this npc that I force as friendly via setrelationship player d_li

So I made a trigger when they shoot the combine they become an enemy and start shooting you, works great.

Now the combine has a lot more health than normal, but if you first shoot him in the head while he still friendl, he dies. This only happens when you shoot him in the head while he is still friendly, I am going to guess this is because it's like a sneak attack, so if say you shoot an enemy while he doesn't spot you, he dies instantly. Well that's just my guess, but if that's the case, how can I make him NOT die by the first shot in the head?
Tysn
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by Tysn »

I have also noticed this, in fact antlions are also able to kill a combine in one hit sometimes regardless of their health as well. I never noticed it in hl2 and was wondering if something got changed in oc for this.
Blues
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by Blues »

I would like enemy combines to die on one hit if it's a headshot for weapons like the 357 or the shotty in close range, if all pellets hit the head - but not the normal pistol which doesn't have enough power, maybe 2-3 headshots to die here. Headshots killing on one hit don't really make sense, if they only do that whilst the enemy hasn't spotted you yet.
Image Image Image

Excuse me for being rude. I'm usually drunk while posting.
Ny
Phone Donator
Phone Donator

Post by Ny »

I always wondered about this when I saw it in a few mods that allowed friendly npc shooting.
I'm going with the flow here but is it possible that it is some sort of penalty system built into the engine to trigger those black scene endings where you fail to keep friendlies alive?
:nyoron:
Vasili
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by Vasili »

Ny wrote:I always wondered about this when I saw it in a few mods that allowed friendly npc shooting.
I'm going with the flow here but is it possible that it is some sort of penalty system built into the engine to trigger those black scene endings where you fail to keep friendlies alive?
You set the NPC as something.
JerC
Donator
Donator

Post by JerC »

Tysn wrote:I have also noticed this, in fact antlions are also able to kill a combine in one hit sometimes regardless of their health as well. I never noticed it in hl2 and was wondering if something got changed in oc for this.
Do something like antlion_easycrush 0 and they do their regular damage to combine instead of one shot.
Please don't take my posts before 2013 too seriously. It will be better for both you and I :c