Pre-map Video (avi/bik)

Need Help? The Day isnt going so well on the Mapping front?
shiftey
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Pre-map Video (avi/bik)

Post by shiftey »

So TF2 has the ability to play a avi or bik video file before the map starts. Is there a way to do this in OC? In tf2 you just name the file the same as the map and it will play before the map starts, similar to the recap video of Episode One that played before Episode Two.

I'd like to be able to do this so I can play a quick tutorial video before a map. Since this particular map is timed teamplay, there isn't a lot of time to teach the player the concepts of the game during the game. But a quick briefing video before it starts could help new players understand the gameplay mechanics so they don't feel overwhelmed.

This would also be very helpful in maps like harvest or paysan, where the gameplay is very different than normal hl2 style.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

oc_evildead, I think used some sort of avi in conjunction with a view control or something. Thats the nearest I've seen to anything.

Though whta your talking about before map starts is something different.

I dont think its possible. Unless what your filming is in hammer? and you could have a map load before the main map.
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

Oc_evildead used the most horrible way to do it tbh, point_camera and a rendertarget screenoverlay, pixelated like shit, env_viewcontroll is there for a reason.
RocketRunner
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by RocketRunner »

W0rf0x wrote:Oc_evildead used the most horrible way to do it tbh, point_camera and a rendertarget screenoverlay, pixelated like shit, env_viewcontroll is there for a reason.
Oh, come on, oc-evildead was the first map I played after re-discovering OC, and they weren't THAT bad.
I usually run from rockets.
Pretty straightforward.
Ny
Phone Donator
Phone Donator

Post by Ny »

You mean unlimited health kit spawn spam is not bad? (In most cases it will lag your server if you don't finish the map quick enough)
:nyoron:
RocketRunner
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by RocketRunner »

Well, it wasn't a perfect map, but it's still a tad classic.
I usually run from rockets.
Pretty straightforward.