Post here your problems/questions with hammer. Post & Reply

Need Help? The Day isnt going so well on the Mapping front?
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Re: Post here your problems/questions with hammer. Post & Re

Post by MaestraFénix »

It would be possible to set in Hammer the bodygroup of a model?
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos

Umbrae
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Umbrae »

If you are talking about physics, static and dynamic I don't think it is in the default features. I come to this conclusion by the fact that car models have specific models for physics and static/dynamic, meaning models are either one or the other. Unless it was added with Obsidian Conflict content, my best guess is it wouldn't be.
~Umbrae~
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

Umbrae wrote:If you are talking about physics, static and dynamic I don't think it is in the default features. I come to this conclusion by the fact that car models have specific models for physics and static/dynamic, meaning models are either one or the other. Unless it was added with Obsidian Conflict content, my best guess is it wouldn't be.
I knew it D:

Also, someone knows if is possible to colour the skin of a model from Hammer on OC, like you can do with the cars in L4D/L4D2?

Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

Maestro Fénix wrote:It would be possible to set in Hammer the bodygroup of a model?
You can with the "SetBodygroup" input, there may be a keyvalue too. Works on all dynamic and physics props.
Maestro Fénix wrote:
Umbrae wrote:If you are talking about physics, static and dynamic I don't think it is in the default features. I come to this conclusion by the fact that car models have specific models for physics and static/dynamic, meaning models are either one or the other. Unless it was added with Obsidian Conflict content, my best guess is it wouldn't be.
I knew it D:

Also, someone knows if is possible to colour the skin of a model from Hammer on OC, like you can do with the cars in L4D/L4D2?
You can only color the whole model currently, and it only works for dynamic entities (props, NPCs etc).
It will probably be possible in the future though.
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

W0rf0x wrote:You can with the "SetBodygroup" input, there may be a keyvalue too. Works on all dynamic and physics props.
I completely forgot that input. Thanks.
W0rf0x wrote:You can only color the whole model currently, and it only works for dynamic entities (props, NPCs etc).
I don´t understand at all how it works in L4D/L4D2. On the rest of "engine branchs" it colours the entire model, but there, it colours only a part of it. I bet that is a keyvalue on their VMTs, something like the "player picked" color on HL:S and Gmod.

Gary
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Gary »

I believe ASW has the color option thing. We could probably rip it from there if we wanted it in OC.
Umbrae
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Umbrae »

W0rf0x wrote:
Maestro Fénix wrote:It would be possible to set in Hammer the bodygroup of a model?
You can with the "SetBodygroup" input, there may be a keyvalue too. Works on all dynamic and physics props.
Maestro Fénix wrote:
I knew it D:

You can only color the whole model currently, and it only works for dynamic entities (props, NPCs etc).
Oh wow, learn something new everyday.
~Umbrae~
Umbrae
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Umbrae »

Does anyone know/ have a list of textures that when used with create geometry, will grow 3D grass? I know a few of them like blendgrassgravel, but I think there are quite a few more, and don't know of any others.

Thanks.
~Umbrae~
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

Umbrae wrote:Does anyone know/ have a list of textures that when used with create geometry, will grow 3D grass? I know a few of them like blendgrassgravel, but I think there are quite a few more, and don't know of any others.

Thanks.
Is small, but is something https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wik ... tail_types

SANICADVENTURE2
Polygon
Polygon

Post by SANICADVENTURE2 »

Hi! I hope someone can help me with this little problem I have.

It's about a trigger_push that's not working. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Here's a screenshot about what what I've done.

Thanks for your help!
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

Set the proper flags as to what to affect? If that doesn't work, try a bigger push force.
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

Raise the push force. The player will start moving from 250. Check the flags too.

SANICADVENTURE2
Polygon
Polygon

Post by SANICADVENTURE2 »

W0rf0x wrote:Set the proper flags as to what to affect? If that doesn't work, try a bigger push force.
Maestro Fénix wrote:Raise the push force. The player will start moving from 250. Check the flags too.
Thank you both :!:

:thumbup:

I activated the flag "Everything" and raised the push force to 500 and now the trigger_push works perfect!
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

We have any entity which triggers an output depending on the skill level (for example, another player joins and the skill level goes to 3, then, idk, make spawn a npc, or a player leaves and the skill goes to 1, then, make something).?

Gary
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Gary »

You can count the amount of players: http://wiki.obsidianconflict.net/?title ... yer_branch

Just use that to set up difficult levels.