Post here your problems/questions with hammer. Post & Reply

Need Help? The Day isnt going so well on the Mapping front?
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Re: Post here your problems/questions with hammer. Post & Re

Post by MaestraFénix »

Umbrae wrote:Does anyone know if there is an easy way to mount ep2 content in obsidian? I know it's possible, but I am not exactly sure how. All that I really want to add to my map is the pumpkin prop, but I am pretty sure that is ep2.

Thanks.
http://wiki.obsidianconflict.net/?title ... t_Mounting
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos

Umbrae
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Umbrae »

Ok I tried creating a mounts.txt with the code

"map name here"
{
"MountEpisodeTwo" "1"
}

All that happened was that all my entities broke and no content was mounted in hammer.
~Umbrae~
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

Umbrae wrote: All that happened was that all my entities broke and no content was mounted in hammer.
It doesn´t mount the content into Hammer. You will have to open it on the EP2 SDK if you want to use their stuff without any errors.

Umbrae
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Umbrae »

I think I have a serious problem with my map. Whenever I try to run it hl2.exe automatically crashes the very moment it would normally load in obsidian conflict (after it has been compiled and obsidian conflict has been launched). I tried removing new additions multiple times, until all my new additions were removed, but it still crashed. So I created a new save and removed every single thing from my map. I then created an empty box and added a player spawn, so that the only thing that was the same was the file. I then went back to part 28, which I have compiled in the past, and I was able to compile that successfully and run it. However when I tried to compile the next part 29, it crashed as normal. I've come to the conclusion that something went wrong with the file in 29, because even if I delete everything and create a simple box+ player spawn, it will still crash. The only weird thing that happened with the map in 29 is that I got the solids removed error and it made me resave it. If anyone knows how I can fix this, that would be great, because I made a lot of progress in the 28 to 29 transition.

Thanks.
~Umbrae~
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

Umbrae wrote:I think I have a serious problem with my map. Whenever I try to run it hl2.exe automatically crashes the very moment it would normally load in obsidian conflict (after it has been compiled and obsidian conflict has been launched). I tried removing new additions multiple times, until all my new additions were removed, but it still crashed. So I created a new save and removed every single thing from my map. I then created an empty box and added a player spawn, so that the only thing that was the same was the file. I then went back to part 28, which I have compiled in the past, and I was able to compile that successfully and run it. However when I tried to compile the next part 29, it crashed as normal. I've come to the conclusion that something went wrong with the file in 29, because even if I delete everything and create a simple box+ player spawn, it will still crash. The only weird thing that happened with the map in 29 is that I got the solids removed error and it made me resave it. If anyone knows how I can fix this, that would be great, because I made a lot of progress in the 28 to 29 transition.

Thanks.
What are the 28 and 29 parts? iterations of your map? chapters?

Take a look on the compile log, also, use the Cordon tool to track down the problem.

Umbrae
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Umbrae »

Whenever I add on a new part to the map (fairly major addition) I change the number at the end of the map name, for example oc_mapname_a28 to oc_mapname_a29 would be a transition. The problem doesn't seem to be anything in the map, because like I said 29+ compiles perfectly fine, oc launches, but as soon as it would normally load the map itself, hl2.exe auto crashes. I have 5 different files that are various saves of 29+, but none of them actually load the map without crashing. Even if I delete everything in the entire map, create a simple box+ player spawn, rename the map and compile; it will compile perfectly fine, the map still just doesn't load.

What I have ended up doing is copying everything new from 29 into 28 and compiling. It compiles perfectly fine and loads like normal, so my guess is that 29+ and all its saves are just corrupt or something.
~Umbrae~
Umbrae
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Umbrae »

I seem to have gotten past my last mapping problem, by simply copying and pasting new additons into a working file. I doubt even if I am able to fix my broken file problem, that it will be worth the time. Anyways I had another quick question. Is there anywhere that I can easily find a list of all the default custom weapons? I seem to have a lot of custom weapons in my custom weapons folder, and I am not exactly sure how many of them are included in the default game, such as the neagle and python.

Thanks.
~Umbrae~
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

Umbrae wrote:Is there anywhere that I can easily find a list of all the default custom weapons? I seem to have a lot of custom weapons in my custom weapons folder, and I am not exactly sure how many of them are included in the default game, such as the neagle and python.

Thanks.
Yeah, the mappers should create an internal folder to keep tidy the scripts (says the guy who forgot to do it with Siege AGAIN).

List:

custom_ak5
custom_ak47
custom_ak47new
custom_ak47prodigy
custom_aug
custom_awp
custom_cz52
custom_deagle
custom_elite (It would be interesting test the future dual weapon system with this, it looks shit both on viewmodel and in third person at this moment)
custom_famas
custom_fiveseven
custom_g3
custom_g36
custom_galil
custom_glock
custom_hmg1
custom_m3
custom_m4new
custom_m4new_de_prodigy
custom_m249
custom_mac10
custom_mp5_de_prodigy
custom_mp5k
custom_oicw
custom_p90
custom_p228
custom_remi870 (Official or I got it due Nerv/Nacht Der Untoten?)
custom_scout
custom_sg552
custom_spas12
custom_tang
custom_ump45
custom_usp
custom_xm1014

As you can see, most are CS:S custom weapons, as well as the official Spas 12 and the OICW, and a bunch of custom weapons from official community-made maps.

Umbrae
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Umbrae »

I made changes to one of my maps, compiled it and nothing was changed. It instead compiled it as normal and loaded the last successful compile of my map for some reason.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks.
~Umbrae~
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

Umbrae wrote:I made changes to one of my maps, compiled it and nothing was changed. It instead compiled it as normal and loaded the last successful compile of my map for some reason.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks.
That means that the BSP file is not generated. Check the compile log for errors.

MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

I have a large zone of ventilation ducts where the players have to move through. In order to avoid griefing, I´ll use some trigger_nocollide to disable the collision between players.

But I have a question: How to enable the collisions after without killing the players? I thought on using a command to enable them, but I don´t know what it is, someone knows it?

*I´m thinking about suggesting on the bugtracker a flag for this entity that makes the reverse (enable player collision on touch if it was disabled)*

TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by TESLA-X4 »

The convar in question is mp_playercollide, but that also causes trigger_nocollide to have no effect at all. Ideally, there should be an inverse function for such a scenario, but unfortunately there isn't.
Apparently, Valve can't make games beyond the number 2.
I think the only time we'll get a Source SDK code update is when it starts having purchasable hats integrated, i.e. hatconomy.

Please do not make assumptions you are not knowledgeable enough to make - that just backfires on yourself.
Tick me off, and I'll be sure to give you the golden treatment. Haven't you heard? Silence is golden.
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

TESLA-X4 wrote:The convar in question is mp_playercollide, but that also causes trigger_nocollide to have no effect at all. Ideally, there should be an inverse function for such a scenario, but unfortunately there isn't.
Do you mean that if I start using the command, the entity will stop working? Also, what is the impossible scenario, the entity working with the command, or the entity returning the collision?

TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by TESLA-X4 »

mp_playercollide 0 (i.e. player collisions disabled) will negate all effects of trigger_playercollide. There is currently no way to selectively make players collide with one another while the convar is set to 0.
Apparently, Valve can't make games beyond the number 2.
I think the only time we'll get a Source SDK code update is when it starts having purchasable hats integrated, i.e. hatconomy.

Please do not make assumptions you are not knowledgeable enough to make - that just backfires on yourself.
Tick me off, and I'll be sure to give you the golden treatment. Haven't you heard? Silence is golden.
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

TESLA-X4 wrote:mp_playercollide 0 (i.e. player collisions disabled) will negate all effects of trigger_playercollide. There is currently no way to selectively make players collide with one another while the convar is set to 0.
So I would have all the players with their collisions disabled or enabled at the same time. Well, is not a bad thing, I can deal with it.

I´ll suggest about the flag on the bugtracker.