Post here your problems/questions with hammer. Post & Reply

Need Help? The Day isnt going so well on the Mapping front?
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Re: Post here your problems/questions with hammer. Post & Re

Post by MaestraFénix »

LordDz wrote:I just think it could have been solved a lot easier with a flag to the police with "patrol" yes or not. ;)
I already gave to you the solution twice. Is up to you apply or not.
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos

LordDz
Polygon
Polygon

Post by LordDz »

Maestro Fénix wrote:
LordDz wrote:I just think it could have been solved a lot easier with a flag to the police with "patrol" yes or not. ;)
I already gave to you the solution twice. Is up to you apply or not.
I will use it. It's just that if there would be a flag it would be easier. :)
Because with the goal_police way, I have to name every police differently, and create an entity for every police.
But no bad feelings.
Umbrae
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Umbrae »

Hi.

I have seen several npcs with textures on various oc maps (for example the transparent garg on oc_starlight and the solid black fast zombie on oc_starlight). I was wondering how you apply textures to npcs.

Thanks.
~Umbrae~
TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by TESLA-X4 »

Those aren't texture changes, they're render color and opacity changes. For the fast zombies, they have their render color set to 0 0 0. The three values correspond to red, green and blue respectively, and are integers between the range of 0 - 255. The gargantuas have their render amount set to about 100, where 0 is invisible and 255 is fully opaque.
Apparently, Valve can't make games beyond the number 2.
I think the only time we'll get a Source SDK code update is when it starts having purchasable hats integrated, i.e. hatconomy.

Please do not make assumptions you are not knowledgeable enough to make - that just backfires on yourself.
Tick me off, and I'll be sure to give you the golden treatment. Haven't you heard? Silence is golden.
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

More info about FX Renders and color: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Render_Modes

And here is an example about what you can do with those options: http://www.snarkpit.net/snarkpower/arti ... 2_monsters

Umbrae
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Umbrae »

Thanks so much. :)

This is definitely going to be an interesting map... saying it ever gets done/ released. :P
~Umbrae~
Umbrae
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Umbrae »

Does anyone know how to do the fade to black feature and then the fade back in feature? I am sure it is a really simple function, I am just overlooking something.

Thanks.
~Umbrae~
TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by TESLA-X4 »

I think the only time we'll get a Source SDK code update is when it starts having purchasable hats integrated, i.e. hatconomy.

Please do not make assumptions you are not knowledgeable enough to make - that just backfires on yourself.
Tick me off, and I'll be sure to give you the golden treatment. Haven't you heard? Silence is golden.
Xenire
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by Xenire »

Umbrae wrote:Does anyone know how to do the fade to black feature and then the fade back in feature? I am sure it is a really simple function, I am just overlooking something.

Thanks.
You'll need two env_fade entities to do that. One of them should have the "Fade From" flag ticked. Some good starting values on them for a smooth fade could be a duration of 1 second and a hold fade of .25.
[tab=135]Salt.
Umbrae
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Umbrae »

Thanks. :)
~Umbrae~
Umbrae
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Umbrae »

Hi. It looks like I am back here again. Does anyone know if it is possible to create a knife swep using the OC weapon scripts? (Or for that matter any melee weapons.) I know it is possible to create bullet-based and grenade-based custom weapons, I am just not sure about melee.

Thanks.
~Umbrae~
TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by TESLA-X4 »

It's not possible yet, but may be added in the next release.

MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

Umbrae wrote:Hi. It looks like I am back here again. Does anyone know if it is possible to create a knife swep using the OC weapon scripts? (Or for that matter any melee weapons.) I know it is possible to create bullet-based and grenade-based custom weapons, I am just not sure about melee.

Thanks.
There is a posibility: "Embbeded Weapon": Make a v_ and w_ model of that melee weapon as a replacement of the crowbar, and pack it on the map. Of course, it will have the same stats of the crowbar (not at all, you can attack faster/slower depending of the fps animation), but is something.

Didn´t tried yet, but maybe the Hammer Scripted Weapon works too for the crowbar (it allowed me to get the HL1 crossbow and HL1 RPG, if it works, it could grant you a new icon and title on the HUD, as well as decide where do you put it).

Umbrae
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Umbrae »

Hi again. I was wondering if it is possible to do a random math-based trigger. For example when a player triggers something there is a random chance of the outcome being good or bad. I know there are some logic/ math functions, but I am not very familiar with those, and I am not sure those work in the way that I would want them to work.

Thanks.
~Umbrae~
Xenire
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by Xenire »

Umbrae wrote:Hi again. I was wondering if it is possible to do a random math-based trigger. For example when a player triggers something there is a random chance of the outcome being good or bad. I know there are some logic/ math functions, but I am not very familiar with those, and I am not sure those work in the way that I would want them to work.
For random events use a logic_case and put every event you wish to have possibly occur set on OnCase outputs. To note, it's unnecessary to put anything under class info other than the name of the logic_case itself. After you setup your cases in your logic_case output tab; use another entity to send a PickRandom input to the logic_case. You can use PickRandomShuffle if you plan on reusing the logic_case but don't want the possibility of having repeating events.
[tab=135]Salt.