Problems triying to make a mapadd of a CSS map

Need Help? The Day isnt going so well on the Mapping front?
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Problems triying to make a mapadd of a CSS map

Post by MaestraFénix »

I´m doing a test making a mapadd of a CSS map. I can "mount" the textures, but nothing more. The models and sound not, and looks like that doesnt mount too the cubemaps (or the special textures) of some textures (mainly refractions, building cubemaps doesnt fix it).

I have to extract my gcf of CSS to can map without any problem? And later, when i have to use packrat, it will pack only the custom things, without packing too the CSS stuff?
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos

MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Re: Problems triying to make a mapadd of a CSS map

Post by MaestraFénix »

Maestro Fénix wrote:I´m doing a test making a mapadd of a CSS map. I can "mount" the textures, but nothing more. The models and sound not, and looks like that doesnt mount too the cubemaps (or the special textures) of some textures (mainly refractions, building cubemaps doesnt fix it).

I have to extract my gcf of CSS to can map without any problem? And later, when i have to use packrat, it will pack only the custom things, without packing too the CSS stuff?
Looks like that i´ll have to add the models and the rest of things to get it work, as my tests says.

fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

You'll have to extract what you need. If you're mapadding you don't need the textures. The models help for alignment (though I never bothered).

Something you should know when you mapadd:

When you first open the decompiled vmf in hammer you must rename and save the bsp, do this atleast twice. Then when you use the mapadd generator use the second renamed save as the vmf to comapare from.

(I usually do this before touching anything, I dont even move the camera, always rename and save a couple times first).
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

fug4life wrote:You'll have to extract what you need. If you're mapadding you don't need the textures. The models help for alignment (though I never bothered).

Something you should know when you mapadd:

When you first open the decompiled vmf in hammer you must rename and save the bsp, do this atleast twice. Then when you use the mapadd generator use the second renamed save as the vmf to comapare from.

(I usually do this before touching anything, I dont even move the camera, always rename and save a couple times first).
I know. Finally, it will not a mapadd (because is a custom CSS map that no one of OC have, so you must download it), but it will mount CSS.

The same work for HL:S? Because i want try fix the maps (yes, try).