creating clouds using entities/ particles

Need Help? The Day isnt going so well on the Mapping front?
dormantlemom
Polygon
Polygon

creating clouds using entities/ particles

Post by dormantlemom »

Has anyone had to do this/ tried to do this? I havent had much success creating realistic cloud.

I should say that cloud is different, as the map is set in the sky haece cloud is at least in part below, and could be walked upon (thats obviously not an issue as thats easily done)

I havent done much with particles, but it is confusing and theres a vast lack of help available for particles (source sdk wiki has the only scare help ive found). The only alternative to particles i think would either make a *nasty looking* custom cloud model or use func_dustcloud's to produce some very wispy airy clouds
TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Re: creating clouds using entities/ particles

Post by TESLA-X4 »

You could place them inside a 3d skybox instead, that way they're unreachable in the normal map (unless you make it possible to get in there, as some maps do as an easter egg).
Apparently, Valve can't make games beyond the number 2.
I think the only time we'll get a Source SDK code update is when it starts having purchasable hats integrated, i.e. hatconomy.

Please do not make assumptions you are not knowledgeable enough to make - that just backfires on yourself.
Tick me off, and I'll be sure to give you the golden treatment. Haven't you heard? Silence is golden.