Assassin NPC problems

Need Help? The Day isnt going so well on the Mapping front?
FreeKill762
Pixel

Assassin NPC problems

Post by FreeKill762 »

So, I'm having some issues with placing assassins on a map. I was curious if there is a specific way to do this, because when I try to do it, this happens. Before you blame the model, it does the same thing with the default model included with Obsidian.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/157 ... ngs/AI.mp4
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/157 ... D%20AI.mp4

Thanks in advance.
daunknownman2010
Donator
Donator

Re: Assassin NPC problems

Post by daunknownman2010 »

I've seen this happen so many times in custom maps that I'd say it's a bug in the code. I don't know if anyone has a fix to it but really all I can say is, stick with it or just not use them at all. :|
OwO what's this???
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

Heh, I always wanted to use a custom Combine Assasin model to the monster_assasin npc.

Yes, is a bug with the AI of the npc itself. Is near to be totally fixed at the next version.
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos

FreeKill762
Pixel

Post by FreeKill762 »

Any idea when the fix would come out? It's kinda halting my mapping progress.

I should probably say that the only reason I got the beta assassin to work is as a replacement. The custom model field seems to be broken as well.
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

FreeKill762 wrote:Any idea when the fix would come out? It's kinda halting my mapping progress.

I should probably say that the only reason I got the beta assassin to work is as a replacement. The custom model field seems to be broken as well.

The custom model field doesn't work with HL:S, EP1 and EP2 entities for a reason I don't remember.

There's nothing you can't do, since you can't tell the npc to do not use grenades. Just use it, don't halt your map because a npc malfunctions.

FreeKill762
Pixel

Post by FreeKill762 »

Maestro Fénix wrote:
FreeKill762 wrote:Any idea when the fix would come out? It's kinda halting my mapping progress.

The custom model field doesn't work with HL:S, EP1 and EP2 entities for a reason I don't remember.

There's nothing you can't do, since you can't tell the npc to do not use grenades. Just use it, don't halt your map because a npc malfunctions.
But that's not the problem. I replaced the assassin via files. Didn't use the custom model field at all. Really sucks because the assassin plays a good part for one of the sections of one map. It seems that the NPC is broken, at least on my end.
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

FreeKill762 wrote:But that's not the problem. I replaced the assassin via files. Didn't use the custom model field at all. Really sucks because the assassin plays a good part for one of the sections of one map. It seems that the NPC is broken, at least on my end.
Maestro Fénix wrote:(...)is a bug with the AI of the npc itself.
Maestro Fénix wrote:The custom model field doesn't work with HL:S, EP1 and EP2 entities for a reason I don't remember.

There is a 50% of chances that the Assasin bugs. For example, in Nerv, from all the games I had on it, I only saw it bug three times. If you are on doubt, just spawn more (be careful with this, don't make lag the map by having too much npcs at the same time).

FreeKill762
Pixel

Post by FreeKill762 »

Maestro Fénix wrote:There is a 50% of chances that the Assasin bugs. For example, in Nerv, from all the games I had on it, I only saw it bug three times.
Don't take this the wrong way, but I feel like you're kinda dodging my question. You said this is fixed in the next version, when would this be?
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

FreeKill762 wrote:Don't take this the wrong way, but I feel like you're kinda dodging my question.
Wrong, I replied your three questions.
FreeKill762 wrote:You said this is fixed in the next version, when would this be?
When it is done.