Blender Help

Need help Modeling Props and Physical Objects for your Maps.
Rukus
Vertex
Vertex

Blender Help

Post by Rukus »

I want to start using blender, but I don't know where to start. I already know how to move the camera, add objects, and add an image reference background. Now I need to know how to manipulate the objects and a few tricks to make navigation in the editor easier. Does anyone have any advice?
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

Yes, search for tutorials.
Rukus
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Rukus »

I'm not even going to acknowledge this rude post with a reply. Anyone not log on just to be a dick?
Gary
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Gary »

Whoa, I could agree that fox's post was not the most informative, but that is no reason to start throwing insults at him.

Though, did you even trying searching? I found this, it appears to be quite useful. http://www.blender.org/education-help/tutorials/

I don't use Blender, so I can not give you any advice from personal experience, Blender has too many buttons for my liking. Even if I did, it is doubtful I would give it to you, as you were quite rude to Fox.
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

Rukus wrote:I'm not even going to acknowledge this rude post with a reply. Anyone not log on just to be a dick?
Tutorials are exactly what you are looking for. Banned for 2 days for insulting an admin.
Boroko
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Boroko »

There is a new blender script to Blender 2.5. It supports animation import/export, mesh import/export and it should also import/export vta. So there is a start. The rig you can just load smd with valves rig and you are on the right track ^^

Of curse you need the basic of blender first :P I see if i can make a tutorial to blender. My XSI was kinda fail.