oc_diving_v9 (FIXED... maybe)

Release your amazing Map creations here!
BigFoot
prop_static
prop_static

Post by BigFoot »

I like that boat, Vesuvian. Hope you don't model some kind of net next... fish are in danger anyways, screw that darn screw of that motor of yours!

So is this the point where I have to make something bigger, better and much more impressing and there's a contest starting without anyone noticing it or something like that? :lol:
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

not really, i tried to kill that message already but it seems to be in the engine itself, how i hate that... (the soundemitter messages are the same :/)

also i would keep the workaround with the exit stuff as it's undecited when 1.35 will be released
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Vesuvian wrote:Yo BigFoot, your fish is going doooooown!
Lmfao, noa we have modelers gracing our forums and getting all competetive n shit. Can only be a good thing!
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Vesuvian
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Vesuvian »

Yo BigFoot, gonna have to kit up your fish with space suits. We're taking this to the moon!

"I need to engage in homicidal behavior on a massive scale. It can not be corrected but I have no other way to fulfill my needs."
destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by destiny »

lol space fishing.
anime watcher and manga reader and doesnt care what others think of it.
Image Image
Datastream
Donator
Donator

Post by Datastream »

:O ALIEN FISHING! OMG
Beanbrains
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Beanbrains »

I have a func_tracktrain elevator, when going between points A and B, its perfectly fine, but when it goes towards point C (enabling alternative path) objects inside the lift randomly vanish. Any idea why? Or how to fix this?

Edit: nevermind, it was an underwater delete trigger which was normally filtered, but because i was using cordons the filter didn't exist

Also i get a few errors saying "client stuck in ent 32" which is my lift entity number, though it doesn't seem to do anything.
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

you should join the ts3 server and look at the screenshots that i uploaded into the lobby channel, they are good and funny as hell :D
BigFoot
prop_static
prop_static

Post by BigFoot »

being competetive sucks but you might just wait for tomorrow or the day after and then see space fish, lol :P
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Yeah you're right, I'm just happy there's a few of you out there, making models right now!

Also I played a bit of oc_diving v4 (really starting to like the map). But I noticed its quite easy to pile up a large amount of fish. I'm thinking its probably best if the fish dosen't have a ragdoll, it'll be too resource intensive.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
BigFoot
prop_static
prop_static

Post by BigFoot »

fish won't have ragdolls used as physics prop. i was thinking about making another dynamic version with animations and a ragdoll so it can be used in func_fish_pool or just for your pleasure and to make maps more beautiful with fish in the rivers, stuff like that... :)

edit:
v1 available for download - http://www.obsidianconflict.net/forums/ ... 4637#54637
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Ah I wasn't sure, cool yeah a prop_dynamic would be cool for other maps.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
BigFoot
prop_static
prop_static

Post by BigFoot »

right now they only behave like the sun perches from paysan and diving, so don't worry ;)
BigFoot
prop_static
prop_static

Post by BigFoot »

ritght now they only behave like the sun perches from paysan and diving, so don't worry ;)

do you need the dynamic version for it to work with your fishing rod setup, beanbrains? or will the physics one or maybe prop_dynamic_override do?
Beanbrains
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Beanbrains »

BigFoot wrote:do you need the dynamic version for it to work with your fishing rod setup, beanbrains? or will the physics one or maybe prop_dynamic_override do?
The one i grabbed from your model thread worked fine, woot! :D

Also I noticed that i could override the fish models so grav gun can pick them up, double woot!

Is there some way i can make a physbox extremely sensitive to physics, but not just explode instantly for it? Trying to add some fragile cargo that loses value the more beat up it gets.