oc_Helicave

Release your amazing Map creations here!
Steve
npc_strider
npc_strider

Post by Steve »

Every fraking thing u type is negative.
Which makes you annoying.

I'll critisize the map though...

Ok. Good things first. The helicopter controls well and the idea of the map is really good. I liked the gas-finding part when I first played this OC version.

However...it is barely any different from the one on DM. Minus one jet, plus a few gargs, and some pine trees on the surface, maybe some human tanks in a tunnel at the end.. and POOF, it is converted to OC.
Garg's dont make it converted. Niether do Pine trees. I would have liked to see him take some more time with this, remake it almost from scratch for OC. This is my problem with joe's conversions to OC, he just adds a garg here and there and calls it a day. (oc_teleport)

He did a pretty good job with oc_minimall but it still freakin crashes at the end every time..

But let me get back to helicave.
Aside from the gargs there are NO Obsidian npcs. It really takes away from the variety of the map, and therefore maintaining players's interest, if one level has an ant guard, and the next has an ant guard and a garg.
Where are the houndeyes, bullsquids, alien grunts, Hgrunts, Combines, etc.? Also the map is too short and at some parts to easy. You can just sit under the hole in cieling and smack the falling headcrabs. Don't get me wrong, I like the map and it is fun, but it just could have been SO much better.
Steve: Yo tengo tu madre en mi pantalones, lolzo
Fire_cube: my mom is actually in MY pants
Fire_cube: youshithead
Lark
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Lark »

theres alien grunts too and he needs to fix the dam jet pack it sucks!
Sonic
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by Sonic »

well its only a first release of an Obsidian Conflict setting. And joes is trying new maps a designs to add to this map. In addition, npc's will be altered for a new version :)
Image>>>>>Image<<<<<
Tono-Tako
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by Tono-Tako »

just make the heli look good and i'll be happy, you can do better things in hammer
Vote for obsidian conflict in moddb
One click a day doesnt hurt your finger
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

Tono-Tako wrote:just make the heli look good and i'll be happy, you can do better things in hammer
I agree. Ugly brush based entities simply hurt my eyes.
JoeScoma
Polygon
Polygon

Post by JoeScoma »

HBK: Why did you just remove my post? Just because it's JoeScoma's map you wanna make him feel better and remove all negative reviews?
Hey Look HBK A huge Purple Dildo Go Fetch.
ViralHatred
npc_metropolice
npc_metropolice

Post by ViralHatred »

The heli is fine, though and osprey would look cooler. Also in the next version can it be outside?
Jaiden
Vertex
Vertex

Re: oc_Helicave

Post by Jaiden »

i cant find the other gas-can :|