oc_pacman

Release your amazing Map creations here!

Do you like it?

GREAT REMAKE!
19%
Good Map!
75%
Nice, but not that special.
6%
I dont like this remake or Pacman at all.
No votes
This map sucks!
No votes
Please Gandorques, never turn on Hammer Editor again, you cant map!!!
No votes

Total votes: 16

Gandorques Hikla
Entity Master
Entity Master

oc_pacman

Post by Gandorques Hikla »

And again I recreated a Classic Arcade/Console Game.

You start in a Spawn Room, where a Arcade Machine Stands, use the Control Stick to enter the Stage.
In the Spawn Room you can change the Game Settings when no one is in the Stage atm. You can change the Enemies, Zombies (very easy), Metrocops with Stunsticks (average), Antlions (hard), Fast Zombies (very hard), Zombines (tricky), and you can choose from 2 Wall heights (normal Wall Height lets you see the map better, so you can figure out where the Dots, Enemies and Players are) (High Walls blocks you from seeing around the map, but the Enemies can still see you, very challenging, especially with fast zombies.). It sounds easy to survive against the Enemies, but you just have 1 HP, except you collected a Superdot, wich gives every player a Stunstick and 100 HP for 15 Seconds let you kill them fast.
When all players in the Stage got killed, the Stage gets reset after 16 Seconds, you cant reenter while in Reset time.
This map is recommendet for 1-4 Players, but you can also play with more.
Original Sounds are packed in for Original Pacman Feeling 8)

Download
(For those who played the Beta 3 Version, this is the Beta 4, with some changes and the Client Crash Bug is also fixed!!)

Original Game (Show me one Person who dont know it? XD):

My Remake:
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Don´t feed the Graphic Whores!
Power-Mad
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Power-Mad »

Neato!
LinkNEO
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by LinkNEO »

xD wow.
Mario next?
Vasili
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by Vasili »

Cool.
Also I just happend to be playing pac man.
Fenrir
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Fenrir »

Ritzy,
Do you actually collect dots, or are they just detail
(yes, young'ns like me have ((And occasionally do)) play pacman)
I will spit right in your fraking face.
How does it taste? After the lips are sealed below your waist,
You will never frak again.
Power-Mad
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Power-Mad »

You actually do collect the dots.
Gandorques Hikla
Entity Master
Entity Master

In fact they are 431 func_door entities that move down when you step on, and add +1 to a math_counter until it reaches 431. And for those who dont understand Hammerish, Yes, you collect the dots but you dont technically pick them up.
Edit: about upcoming maps, Im thinkin about concepts for Qbert, Frogger, Space Invaders. Also Im thinkin about remaking my unfinished "Breens Citadel" (Based on the japanese show "Takeshis Castle") map I once started for Gmod.
Mutant Enemy
npc_strider
npc_strider

Post by Mutant Enemy »

Awesome map, good job, I'd love to see Frogger and Space Invaders!
LinkNEO
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by LinkNEO »

Invades! w00t
Lark
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Lark »

someone needs to convert the textures to vtf for a update and the map needs melons, oh you should put all your remake maps in to one oc_arcade map
Power-Mad
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Power-Mad »

gtaiiilc wrote:someone needs to convert the textures to vtf for a update and the map needs melons, oh you should put all your remake maps in to one oc_arcade map
This and his other 2 works are now in my map oc_nes. He lent me the vmf's. I edited around the textures a bit, the way they're played (in a way), and optimised them. He gets full credit and I have 3 of my own parts for oc_nes completed. If you want to speed up the release of this map, you should make a few nes games in half life 2 :P
Lark
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Lark »

Power-Mad wrote:
gtaiiilc wrote:someone needs to convert the textures to vtf for a update and the map needs melons, oh you should put all your remake maps in to one oc_arcade map
This and his other 2 works are now in my map oc_nes. He lent me the vmf's. I edited around the textures a bit, the way they're played (in a way), and optimised them. He gets full credit and I have 3 of my own parts for oc_nes completed. If you want to speed up the release of this map, you should make a few nes games in half life 2 :P
do you think you will take any pics of the real games and make vtfs for the maps I want to see red I beams on donkey kong and blue walles on pacman!
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

I haven't played this one yet, but as always I like your style!

Have you considered; Duck Hunt ?

I was thinking small displacement map, by a lake or summit lots of tall grass trees either side? Is it possible to kill the raven and pigeon npcs that fly about in halflife2? And I was thinking shotgun crossbow and magnum!

There's actually a mod called entity hunter, thats simialr to above concept.
Gandorques Hikla
Entity Master
Entity Master

I actually never played Duck Hunt. But I figured out 2 Concepts for a Space Invaders map. 1. The action concept, the players are on the ground, first just with a pistol, and some destroyable barricades above them. The enemies are Xen Alien Npcs who stand in a kind of invisible moving fence, where they can shoot trough, and some drop weapons when they die. So they can shoot the usual way and the players have to hide or move around to stay alive as the Aliens get closer to the ground, when theyre on the ground, you lost.
2. The Arcade Machine Simulation, they players are in a start room, with usable control pads, to remote controll theyr brush based remakes of the player Ship from Original SI, and fight brush based Aliens with brush based Bullets behind brush Based Walls, so the players arent in the Stage, they just stand on a control Terminal and play the game. That way the Gamers play someone in HL2 who plays SI on a Console. Got it? xD
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Both ideas are good, I like the falling npc that you must shoot before they get to for, with weapon drops :lol: