oc_trackmaker -Create and Drive Racetracks In-Game!!!-

Release your amazing Map creations here!

What do you think about it?

GENIOUS! Totally amazing!
47%
Great systems, very good Map!
38%
Good map, but I hate Races...
15%
Even with a In-Game Editor, its boring!
No votes
GANDORQUES! DELETE STEAM AND ALL STUFF AND LEAVE THE OC FORUM U SUCK!
No votes

Total votes: 34

Gandorques Hikla
Entity Master
Entity Master

oc_trackmaker -Create and Drive Racetracks In-Game!!!-

Post by Gandorques Hikla »

I thought about the concept for this long, but now I found a working solution, so here it is, oc_trackmaker!

Many people liked my oc_dirtrace Map and the Racing system of it on the YAS Server, but I thought driving the same Track over and over again gets boring with the time, so I created a In-Game Track building system out of Pre-Defined Track Pieces!

The Players have to wait at the Spawn Area, until a Admin build the Track and opens it for Free Race or Real Race Mode, and the Admin can also Flood the Track with Water, and he can switch from Buggy to Airboat Mode if he wants to.
The Vehicles get in Position at the Start when you enter them, if you leave them/disconnect/die, they get teleported back to the Start, if you leave the Vehicle on the Track you will die slowly and have to start over again at the Spawn.
If the Race Mode gets started, the players have to enter a vehicle in 30 Seconds, to enter the Race (they also still can join in later, but with less chance to win), and 5 Seconds after that the Race starts. Once a player reaches the Finish, he gets teleported to the Winner Stairs (I dont know if this is the correct word in English), and a 30 Seconds Disqualification Timer starts, in this time the other players still can reach the finish line to get their place on the Winner stairs. If the Timer expires, a Camera shows the winners, and everybody get teleported back to the Spawn and have to wait until a Admin opens for the Next Race. If you reach the Finish in Free Race Mode you get teleported back to the Start line.

To build a track, the Admin have to fly to the Admin Room, pickup a Pistol, choose a square on the Ground, and then choose what Tile he wants on this square.
The buttons on the right wall are for:
Left=Race Mode
Middle=Free Race
Right=Locked Track (also teleports the Vehicles off the Track)

The white button on the Tile choose Wall is for Track Cleanup, the buttons above are for Flooding, and the Buttons on the Left Wall are for Vehicle/Buggy Change and Reset.

Known Bugs:
-Sometimes Clients can Crash with a "Link List Overflow" Error, mostly when they drive on bridges with Buggies while Hitting another player, but the Servers will stay up, you just maybe need to reset the Vehicles. Maybe the Mod Dev´s can somehow get rid of that bug
-Not really a bug, but wait 2 Seconds before placing a new Tile!

Keep in Mind:
-A Admin is needet to build the Track from off the Admin room!!!

-->Download<---

If you want to create a Track Piece for this map, build it to fit in the measures:
X=1024
Y=1024
Z=512
If you want to create bigger tiles, split them into pieces to fit.
Send the Tiles to me and I will include them in the next Version!

Screenshots:
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Don´t feed the Graphic Whores!
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

:o :o :o :o :o :shock:
Impressive, holy crap. :shock:

:ohyea: :idhitit: :thumbup:
Power-Mad
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Power-Mad »

I showed hyperjag this a bit ago when it was still in testing. This is why he holds an entity master tag :P
DaMaN
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by DaMaN »

Holy sh*t!! Awesome work!!

*DaMaN goes back into his mapping hole and works on becoming a better mapper*
Current projects: Return to City 17 and Rising Dead
Also, check out my Blag: http://daman-amappersworld.blogspot.com/
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

:jawdroping: :siezure: :lol:

<fug4life follows DaMaN to his hole and asks how too become a better mapper?<points at gand's work--------------------> I wanna make maps like that!
Gandorques Hikla
Entity Master
Entity Master

fug4life wrote:<fug4life follows DaMaN to his hole and asks how too become a better mapper?<points at gand's work--------------------> I wanna make maps like that!
1. Start with HL1 mapping when youre 12 years old.
2. Build some really crappy but funny maps for CS with 13, to play them on your older brothers´ LAN Party
3. Start mapping on crappy SvenCoop Maps to play them with your older brother and his girlfriend when youre 14.
4. Bundle your motivation to create more crappy maps.
5. Buy Half-Life 2 with 16, beat it, and recreate your favourite HL1 DM map in Source, join a CSS Clan and start building complex and entertaining Funmaps for it, and develop a entirely Hammer based Soccer playing system, thats totally not like the crappy soccer_knifes maps.
6.Work 1 Year in a hospital and just get home to your PC and Internet on the weekend with 16\17.
7. Be workless for 5 months after that and spend the most time of it on your PC with 17\18.
8. Start your 1 year Nurse Helper teaching after that.
9. Whatever you do, think of Mapping for HL all the time.
10. Every mapping tutorial on the Internet sucks, do it yourself n00b!

These are my 10 easy steps to learn mapping just 6 Years!
Last edited by Gandorques Hikla on Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vasili
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by Vasili »

You can have a medal.

I present the Vasili cross of mapping to: Gandorques Hikla.

I will reward these to good mappers unlike my self.
Sonic
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by Sonic »

this is the best map ever for building brillant and awesome tracks to race on of your very own! woop
Image>>>>>Image<<<<<
Cloud
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Cloud »

hi all,

well i know this topic is old and all but trackmaker is a good racing map :) but the link isn t working :( is there a way to someone re upload it ? i whant put this map in my server.
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

Frederic
npc_hunter
npc_hunter

Post by Frederic »

frak man, entity master indeed!
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Cloud wrote:hi all,

well i know this topic is old and all but trackmaker is a good racing map :) but the link isn t working :( is there a way to someone re upload it ? i whant put this map in my server.
You'll need an admin on the map to make the tracks! (noclip required)
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Gandorques Hikla
Entity Master
Entity Master

btw. I heard that the Map works without the Clientside Crashes in the Orange Box engine? In this case I would make a new version with the Option to have Jalopys and new Track tiles (and maybe a bigger area or the option to build in the air)
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Well during the beta it never crashed with OB. So yeah get to it!

Cough train & party! Cough, hint, wink, nudge.
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Gandorques Hikla
Entity Master
Entity Master

Im working on a New Version now, for everyone who wants to see some specific or Unique Trackpieces in this I made a Prefab from wich one you can create your own Trackpieces, fitting into the Maps Measures. If you have done a Piece send it to me and if its good enough I will include it in the next Release.

Some Rules to the Track Pieces:
-Keep the Piece in the Measures over the Floor and under the Block Bullets Area on the Top
-If you want bigger pieces build it and clip them to fit in the Measures.
-Dont cut into the Ground.
-Use as less Entities as possible, so if this specific Piece is spawned in Masses it wont come to the Entity Limit. But feel free to use Entities or Moving Parts, just stay inside the Boundaries.
-Keep Walls or something around your piece so players cant leave the Track, use Block_Bullets textures to do this. If you want to create a more open Trackpiece Set, be sure to deliver it with some boundaries.
-Be sure that your Trackpiece fits onto my Standard Track wideness. If you want to make a whole Piece Set with your own wideness, be sure to create a Trackpiece that connects it with my Trackpieces.
-Be sure that the HL² Vehicles can handle the Trackpiece, a Buggy cant get around a giant Looping or something without a boost (I think I will include some Booster pieces by myself too).
-If you simply want to create some Open Stunt Park Pieces you dont need to put boundaries or connections to normal track Parts.

http://www.letsshareit.net/files/6/Trackpiece.vmf
Here is the Prefab. Send me your Trackpieces. You will be credited in the map.