oc_paysan

Release your amazing Map creations here!

Do you like the map ?

0/5
10%
1/5
2%
2/5
3%
3/5
8%
4/5
23%
5/5
55%

Total votes: 117

fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

I like the mine, I think its a nice target to work towards and its rewarding when you have it but, I wouldn't say it gives loads of cash 45-90? every day two days.

I'd compare the mine to gin making in oc_harvest. though gin making is more difficult as you have to the grow crop for it.

Its a medium point in the game good money maker before you get your kitchen etc going.
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Blues
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by Blues »

So maybe make work in the mine harder?
Like, the rocks respawn and you get exhausted by hitting them. (maybe setting up a filter_activator_name and trigger_hurt so that the players hitting a rock would get some damage every 3 hits or something, huh? :) )
And make chance of finding gold somehow a little unlikely, don't know what the propability is right now, because i never found any gold destroying the rocks, so i think it might be okay :lmao:

Edit: Didn't notice there was another page. Actually I have to agree with fug, because I never found any gold in the mine, maybe it was always the wrong time i went in ;)
Image Image Image

Excuse me for being rude. I'm usually drunk while posting.
sven666
npc_citizen
npc_citizen

Post by sven666 »

well, some say that there is too much gold, others say that it is not much ... I do not know what to think.
I'll try to find a mechanism to complicate minning, maybe a biggest mine and a dangerous one with collapsing rocks.

thanks for report guys !
Raizo
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Raizo »

sven666 wrote:well, some say that there is too much gold, others say that it is not much ... I do not know what to think.
I'll try to find a mechanism to complicate minning, maybe a biggest mine and a dangerous one with collapsing rocks.

thanks for report guys !
No problem.. i'll ask him if he bought somthing as soon as i get to talk with him (since we really would like to play this map without crashes) but i think he was talking about some turret.
JerC
Donator
Donator

Post by JerC »

When u close the hardware store(the one with vendor) door whilesomeone is holding the saw,the game crash..
sven666
npc_citizen
npc_citizen

Post by sven666 »

jerC wrote:When u close the hardware store(the one with vendor) door whilesomeone is holding the saw,the game crash..
ok, bug fixed for next release.
JerC
Donator
Donator

Post by JerC »

Oh,wait its not when someone is holding the saw,its just when you close the door.
zero5100
Vertex
Vertex

Glitches/Ideas

Post by zero5100 »

Hello. In the course of running a server for this map, I have noticed a few glitches. Some of these might not even be glitches, but they are certainly out of the ordinary. Also, some ideas/requests
1) If you set off explosives in the pond, all of the fish float to the top
2) You can sell anything to the caterer, including money and player gibs. :shock:
3) I don't know what caused it, but the back portion of the wood saw got separated from the front part.
4) If you put gold into your inventory and try to bring it out, it freezes again like it was still in the mine and you have to knock it free. This clips you with the gold so the player that spawns it is frozen until the gold is unstuck.
5) Update links in map info to point to the b03 release. (currently points to original files)
6) As has been stated, integrating all files into the BSP.
7) Maybe money spawn in a more organized way, Its hard to tell sometimes how much you got from selling stuff.
8) Possibly make the storage bin next to the mill slightly larger.
9) Make the large log in the swamp worth more boards.
10) Fix all of the spelling and grammar errors in the signs and messages.
11) I think the gold mining is pretty balanced, but the mine could be much longer and more intricate.
12) Everyone looses interest in the game after the final room is unlocked, so maybe not make it unlock until all items are purchased AND all shelters and other wooden things are built.
13) Add another bucket that has enough water for a few uses, like in harvest.
14) Make caterer not stare blankly to the side. (It's kind of creepy!)
15) Fix error in which buying too many seeds will cause a server to crash with the error "ED_Alloc: no free edicts"
16) Possibly add seasons to the game?
Thanks.
sven666
npc_citizen
npc_citizen

Post by sven666 »

1) If you set off explosives in the pond, all of the fish float to the top
---> it's normal.
2) You can sell anything to the caterer, including money and player gibs. Shocked
---> fixed
3) I don't know what caused it, but the back portion of the wood saw got separated from the front part.
---> does it can occure again ? take a screenshot.
4) If you put gold into your inventory and try to bring it out, it freezes again like it was still in the mine and you have to knock it free. This clips you with the gold so the player that spawns it is frozen until the gold is unstuck.
---> I'm on it, try to hit it again.
7) Maybe money spawn in a more organized way, Its hard to tell sometimes how much you got from selling stuff.
Cool Possibly make the storage bin next to the mill slightly larger.
---> I dont understad you...you want the price to be displayed ?
---> I'm looking for a smaller model for wheat.

9) Make the large log in the swamp worth more boards.
---> this log has been replaced.
---> well, you right...send me all correction ^^
11) I think the gold mining is pretty balanced, but the mine could be much longer and more intricate.
---> already updated.
12) Everyone looses interest in the game after the final room is unlocked, so maybe not make it unlock until all items are purchased AND all shelters and other wooden things are built.
---> some stuff removed from the last room but normally it only opens when all stuff bought.
13) Add another bucket that has enough water for a few uses, like in harvest.
---> maybe, maybe another things...I can't tell you more, I keep the surprise ;-)
14) Make caterer not stare blankly to the side. (It's kind of creepy!)
---> you right I hate it too, I will remove it, like that I can make another things (because I reach the maximum entities allowed for a map)
15) Fix error in which buying too many seeds will cause a server to crash with the error "ED_Alloc: no free edicts"
--->I dont know how to correct it... limit the maximum seeds in game ?
16) Possibly add seasons to the game?
Thanks.
---> hum...I think I will not, the map is already full of entities.
Ny
Phone Donator
Phone Donator

Post by Ny »

Seriously if you add any more "real-life" stuff in this map you might as well go outside and do it yourself
:nyoron:
sven666
npc_citizen
npc_citizen

Post by sven666 »

Is it a reproach?
zero5100
Vertex
Vertex

Post by zero5100 »

---> does it can occur again ? take a screenshot.
I have not seen it happen since then, but I will keep an eye out for it
---> I dont understad you...you want the price to be displayed ?
I mean that sometimes you pick up a group of 5 and then 10 and then 22 or something, and then all you see is "+22" by your score. you don't know how much you actually got. I don't know the actual problem with this, but it works fine in harvest. That is all I know.
---> well, you right...send me all correction ^^
What is the best way for me to send the corrections to you?
--->I dont know how to correct it... limit the maximum seeds in game ?
Yes, I think that limiting the amount of active seeds would be a good idea. Just have the place where you buy the seeds play a negative sound when too many are active. This would leave a set amount of entities for you to use elsewhere.

Also, someone pointed out to me that to determine if all items in the store were bought, it counts up to a certain number. The problem is that the crab bait for some reason counts towards the total, so if you buy a few normal items and a lot of crab bait, the final room will open.

As a few other people have stated, closing the door to the shop crashes the game. No other conditions are necessary, its just closing the door.

I am eagerly awaiting the next release. :D
sven666
npc_citizen
npc_citizen

Post by sven666 »

thanks for this report.
I have some problems, I will release the B03 in August I think.
Old
JerC
Donator
Donator

Re: Glitches/Ideas

Post by JerC »

zero5100 wrote:Hello. In the course of running a server for this map, I have noticed a few glitches. Some of these might not even be glitches, but they are certainly out of the ordinary. Also, some ideas/requests

It do that on usefull items too,like buckets,pan and frying pot.
Please don't take my posts before 2013 too seriously. It will be better for both you and I :c
Supahchikin
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by Supahchikin »

What dickweeds gave this map a 0?