oc_paysan

Release your amazing Map creations here!

Do you like the map ?

0/5
10%
1/5
2%
2/5
3%
3/5
8%
4/5
23%
5/5
55%

Total votes: 117

sven666
npc_citizen
npc_citizen

oc_paysan

Post by sven666 »

This is a beta, please report bugs and gameplay balance here...
► Show Spoiler
Unpack in your obsidian folder

wiki : http://wiki.obsidianconflict.net/?title=Oc_paysan

Version : B11
Credits:
Map By Sven (get a life mod)

Things you need to know

- The howl signals that night is approaching
- You must be inside a safe place during the night or you die or get sent to jail.
- When you die, you lose $50.
- Resources (food, fruit, wood, etc...) dissappear overnight.
- Things thrown outside of the map end up in game machine.
- Antlions attack your plants and buildables. Beware of them.
- Antlions spawn throughout the day after a certain amount of days have been passed or the city gets open.

Important Places (Farm)

House - Your spawn, and orignal saftey spot. Don't stand on the railing or the stairs if you want to be safe.

Sawmill - Place logs in one end and planks come out the other. All wood can be stored in the large wooden crate. Use the wood to build structures, the amount of planks that are needed is displayed.

Chicken Coop - Where bought chickens are kept. Baskets can store food too.

Shredder - Place wheat plants from the top to get shredded wheat bags from the slot towards the bottom. Unoperational at start. Anything else placed in it will end up in game machine.

Field - Where you grow your plants.

Mill - On top of the hill near pawnshop. Place shredded wheat in the slot up the stairs, and flour comes out of the slot.

Kitchen - Where food is cooked. Buy pan from hardware store. Place pots and pans on the stove, then place ingrediants in them. Fridge stores whatever can fit in it.

Mine Stairs - Where you build the stairs to reach the mine.

Puddle - It appears between chicken coop and the shredder. It appears only after it rains, and the day after too. Fill up buckets with this.

Important Places (Entire map)

Lake - This is where you catch fish and get water to water you plants with.

Fishing Shop - Hidden behind a small hill near the lake, its where you buy fishing materials, and sell fish that you catch.

Seed shop - Up the hill to the pawnshop, this sells all your basc gardening equipment, including extra buckets and seeds.

Pawnshop - At the top of the hill, this consists of three areas. One is where you sell all your resources and where you can buy many weapons, and the entire outside area around it. The entrance to the city can also be bought here.

Forest - This is where you get most of your basic resources. Chop down pine trees to gain 2 logs, and take those to sawmill. Also, pumpkins grow in the bushes, so watch out for those. Beware, it has a slight problem with antlions.

Mines - The entrance can be built at the farm, and a mining permit can be purchased from the city. Some of the rocks can break, mainly the small ones. Some of the deeper areas have become weak due to erosion, and may break under your feet into a pit full of zombies. And beware of falling rocks. You can find bronze, gold, and diamonds here, all sold at the pawnshop.

Important Places (City)

Hardware Store - This is where you buy your advanced tools, including sentries and the hose.

Bank - A substitute for point exchange. Money tends to pile up in the vault overtime...

Mayor's Building - This is where you buy most of the upgrades for farm. It's located near the hotel.

Hotel - Buy a room to crash in overnight.

Jail - Do not break the law, or you'll be in here. You can play basketball for money to pay the bail. I highly suggest to kick the basketball up to your hands instead of, well, ehm...just trust me on this. :shock:

Pets Keeper - Next to the jail, buy your pets here.

Dumpster - Throw trash in here for some points that spawn on the lambda logo.

Dungeon - Battle your way through enemies to get a reward.

Drugs Saleswoman - Buy drugs (not for personal use) here.

Jobs

Farming - Buy a seed from the seed store. It spawns in the bins near the pantry. All the information about that plant is displayed above its bin. To plant, take it and place it on the field, then press E. Remember to water each day, and to protect them against antlions (PS: Rain waters plants smarties). Once they grow, sell the fruit at the pawnshop. No average amount of money can be estimated here, all depends on the fruit you grow.

Lumberjack - Go to the forest and chop down a pine tree. Then bring it to the sawmill to make some planks. Then use the planks to build some structures. The wooden container next to the sawmill stores wood, ONLY wood. Although you can sell them, building is much more preferred.

Pumpkin Hunter - Go around the map and scavanger for pumpkins. They don't only grow in forest, and tend to grow inside bushes.

Miner - Mines for bronze, gold, and diamonds. Use the stream to exit the mines quickly, or use the shelter for a night's rest. Beware of headcrabs, and the poor fate of other miners who were subjected to headcrabs.

Fisherman - Buy a rod at the fishing store, and buy some bait. Throw it in the lake, and then wait. You average about

Antlion Hunter - Dude, if you want it, then go for it. You do get money from killing them, and its pretty fun for a while.

Hunter - Buy bait at the hardware store, place it in a hole in the forest, and wait a day. Kill a headcrab, and take the gibs, and then cook it or sell it.

Chicken Guy - Takes care of chickens. Feed them shredded wheat each day, and take the eggs from their coop. Store anything you'd like in the baskets. Name them if you want.

Pizza Shop - Yes, you can buy it. Cook a pizza with the ingrediants mentioned, and then wait for a customer to sell it to.

Street Cleaning - Pick up trash around the city and toss it in the blue dumpster. Cash spawns on lambda logo. Buy a smaller trashcan from hardware store to help you.

Drug Delivery - Buy a drug from the woman at the end of the city. Then, deliver it to a junky that spawns somewhere in the city, they tend to avoid public areas to avoid cops, so good luck finding them.

Dungeon Challenger - Open the dungeon, then buy an entrance for 5$. Dont worry, if your too scared you can always bail by using the phone on the 2nd floor.

Night System: Days are 5 minutes long. After 5 minutes are up, it gets dark, and any resources you have outside will dissappear. Up until the city is open, you die overnight. Being in safe places, which include the shelters, house, hotel, and the dungeon, prevent this.

Stock your resources in:
- The Fridge
- The Pantry
- Baskets in the shelter
- Wooden container near sawmill (wood only)
- The back of the pizza parlor (only after you buy it, don't store them past green tiles).
------------------------------------------------------

ADD for Beta 12 : :

- In the dungeon, the door by the houndeyes can be quickly closed when it unlocks. This locks the door and forces more houndeyes to spawn. Can be done over and over.

- The new hunting system is too much of a hassle. Make the headcrab have 200 hp (8 crowbar hits), otherwise it takes too long. I shot the damn thing with all my ammo for the 357 and shotgun, and it didnt even die.

- Sometimes the SWAT teams won't hurt players, same with helicopter. I'm not 100% sure, but I'm thinking that unless you actually shoot or hit a cop or SWAT guy, their bullets won't hurt you. We need a test on this.

- Mine shelter takes too long to build

- Getting the uzi's is a bit too easy now. Only a matter of time before players start finding the way to get on the bridge.

- Plant prices need evening out. You buy bananas for like, $12 and one bunch sells for $15. That's not right.

- If you toss the hose nozzle into the harvester, you can actually glitch it out of the field. We did that once, but it respawned back on the field the next day. Maybe we just got lucky with that...

- Instead of having things teleported to game machine in the shredder, just have a trigger_push that boots unwanted things out.

- Some of the game prizes are useless, winning seeds in this case. I don't think anyone has actually planted the seeds won through the game machine.

- Lots of times cops and SWAT teams get stuck in one another, around the spawns.

- One time 4 helicopters got stuck in one another, here's a screeny:
http://img375.imageshack.us/i/ocpaysanb110019.jpg/
That was after we killed like 15 SWAT guys within seconds.

1. if you put ore into your inventory it will glitch aka when you take it out you will be stuck in it.

2. the room with the beer bottle armor and mgs you can get stuck in the breakable wall after the day is over.

Last edited by sven666 on Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:52 pm, edited 86 times in total.
Ny
Phone Donator
Phone Donator

Post by Ny »

I think this should be in the WIP thread if it isn't realeased
:nyoron:
shiftey
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by shiftey »

I hope you post that link soon because this map sounds really cool. Until then I will not vote.
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

Thread cleaned and moved to wip until theres an actual release, and keep your shit posts by yourself, especially you, vasili.
JigglyWiggly
Banned

Post by JigglyWiggly »

A link is nice :D
sven666
npc_citizen
npc_citizen

Post by sven666 »

I decided to release my beta map, but I need you to find bugs and to report it here.
I will update the first post.
Thanks for help.
Old
Jeffman12
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Jeffman12 »

I bought the saw and the sawmill, went out to get some wood. The howl called me back to the house, so I threw one more piece of wood in to chop, the next morning, the saw mill disappeared but the planks came out.
Avneet
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Avneet »

I have to give it a 2/5 until losing health even when in a building is fixed :'[
Jeffman12
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Jeffman12 »

Explosives don't seem to work either.
The sheer amount of antlions that attacks on a regular basis makes it impossible for crop growing to be fiscal. Especially because the antlions favor the crops to players. Luckily there are other things to do, but mining gold seems broken as there is no way to extract it from the rocks.
sven666
npc_citizen
npc_citizen

Post by sven666 »

hit the wall and when you see gold, hit the the gold rock.
you right, the explosives doesn't work. [fixed for nex version]

I want you to fear the death.
Jeffman12
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Jeffman12 »

I find the map is quite survivable if you have enough people, 3 is pushing it but doable. But still the problem with the crops survival rate pretty unbearable, I'd suggest either upping the health and making them regenerate, or cutting down on the max number of antlions that attacks when a horde appears. Also, I notice brown mushrooms seem to spawn in only one spot (3 at the same time in one instance) and there's 2 spots for purple I could find at least. The map promises to be great when it's finished, so I'll hold off on voting until then.
And, back tot he gold mining, it didn't seem to work, I tried punting with the gravity gun, tried beating it with a crowbar and stunstick, nothing seemed to make it budge. Maybe I just didn't do it enough.
Avneet
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Avneet »

Any updates on when any changes to map will be made?
sven666
npc_citizen
npc_citizen

Post by sven666 »

I'm waiting for more bug report.
Old
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

- Build cubemaps in both hdr and ldr mode, cubemaps dont work in the current beta.
- Optimize the map, especially add fade distance to models.
Deathy
npc_metropolice
npc_metropolice

Post by Deathy »

Uhm.. pakrat your stuff (models, sounds, textures) into the bsp.

I will look at the map tomorrow.
oc_28-seconds-later_b2 (90% - on halt)