oc_paysan

Release your amazing Map creations here!

Do you like the map ?

0/5
10%
1/5
2%
2/5
3%
3/5
8%
4/5
23%
5/5
55%

Total votes: 117

TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by TESLA-X4 »

And three punts from the gravity gun should be enough to gib it as well. :P
DisConnected
npc_hovering_assassin
npc_hovering_assassin

Post by DisConnected »

No it wouldnt. That headcrab isn't a "real" npc. It's just a prop with a func_tracktrain...I think. But yeah, headcrabs die instantly from a crowbar hit, I know.
Oh, don't be such a baby. Episode 3 will come out.

*Turns to Archimedes*

No it won't.
warbrand2
Polygon
Polygon

Post by warbrand2 »

some ideas for the map. aka I was messing around with cheats on the map.

I think there needs to be something other than turrets to defend the farm. because i am tired of losing every thing to antlions so every time i play single player i spawn a monk with a shotgun on the second story balcony right out side of the rail thing. he helps a lot with killing antlions so here's my idea.

Hire farmhand. hires a monk that will shot at antlions for you unlike the dog he will not leave no matter how much you want him to. He can be hired at the hotel in the city for 100 (money type here) he will stay at the farm for 14 days and you will have to re hire him. when he is at the farm a shot gun ammo spawn will start in his area. (stays when he is gone.)

edit.
I found some bugs

1. if you put ore into your inventory it will glitch aka when you take it out you will be stuck in it.

2. the room with the beer bottle armor and mgs you can get stuck in the breakable wall after the day is over.
I think that's all I do and some times/a lot of the time that gets me into trouble.
GreyVulpine
Pixel

Post by GreyVulpine »

Anybody else get the error:

"Host_Error: Overflow error writing string table baseline Scenes"

after a while on this map, right when another player joins?
TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by TESLA-X4 »

My gut tells me that's caused by someone using a malicious command. Then again, I've always had similar issues with older versions of paysan and even other maps, so idk...
GreyVulpine
Pixel

Post by GreyVulpine »

I don't believe so. A simple Google search returns quite a few of these occurances from mods like gmod and TF2 and others. There's a sourceop plugin which clears the table to prevent this error from occuring.

I just don't know what the scenes table contains, much less how to stop it.
TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by TESLA-X4 »

You can dump information about the table with the command

Code: Select all

dumpstringtables_new <table>
(note that cheats must be on for it to return any output). To get a list of tables and statistics about them, simply run the command alone.

In addition, you can also check the overall size of all string tables with the command

Code: Select all

stringtabletotals
(once again, requires cheats to be on).

Hope this comes in handy.

What I found odd is that the scenes table is empty when the map starts, and when players join, only two entries are added when the first player joins (nothing happens for the rest). The maximum number of strings that table can hold is 4096, so I don't get why that table is 'overflowed'.

Edit:
Looks like more entries get added when citizens see players and respond with the usual "Ah, Gordon Freeman". But I still don't see how this could cause the number of entries in there to skyrocket, plus, such a high limit seems extremely hard to hit.
Alahadi
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Alahadi »

Hello!

Me and my friend tried to play this map, we downloaded all models and extracted them to the obsidian folder so on.. Still there is error everywere.. How do we fix this?

edit:

ofc we enabled the ep2 and ep1 mount but STILL errors!!
JerC
Donator
Donator

Post by JerC »

Did you run them before mount?
Did you change map name?If yes,you shouldnt.
Ark
Donator
Donator

Post by Ark »

Delete the map and replace it again. And if that doesn't work try finding older versions (_B10, _B09) to get the models from those. Last time I tried it worked.
DisConnected
npc_hovering_assassin
npc_hovering_assassin

Post by DisConnected »

Ark wrote:Delete the map and replace it again. And if that doesn't work try finding older versions (_B10, _B09) to get the models from those. Last time I tried it worked.
B11 uses newer models and materials.
Saccn
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Saccn »

Can I suggest a new jail system?

If a player stays in the town during the night, he gets thrown into jail. But instead of waiting until somebody gets you out of there, you get released after 1 or 2 days. You can't pay for a release and you can't blow a hole in the wall.

If a player stays in the forest during the night, he dies.

Maybe make the shortcut a little less expensive?

Also, make the tunnel cleaning price less expensive too.

Basically you have to fork out a lot of money and resources just to achieve something in this map and that's not fun. Nobody likes to do the same thing for a long time just to get to the city or get something minor done.
sven666
npc_citizen
npc_citizen

Post by sven666 »

Saccn wrote: If a player stays in the town during the night, he gets thrown into jail. But instead of waiting until somebody gets you out of there, you get released after 1 or 2 days. You can't pay for a release and you can't blow a hole in the wall.
Bail cost 40$
10$ spawn in the jail each day, so if you'r poor you have to wait 4 days (less if you play basketball)
Saccn wrote: If a player stays in the forest during the night, he dies.
Already set.... or it glitches.
Saccn wrote: Maybe make the shortcut a little less expensive?
no
Saccn wrote: Also, make the tunnel cleaning price less expensive too.
no
Saccn wrote: Basically you have to fork out a lot of money and resources just to achieve something in this map and that's not fun. Nobody likes to do the same thing for a long time just to get to the city or get something minor done.
Harvest, cook pumpkins, fish, hunt.... a lot of way to earn money.
Old
JerC
Donator
Donator

Re: oc_paysan

Post by JerC »

[quote="sven666] The new hunting system is too much of a hassle. Make the headcrab have 200 hp (8 crowbar hits), otherwise it takes too long. I shot the damn thing with all my ammo for the 357 and shotgun, and it didnt even die.
[/quote]

It would be wayyy smarter to use crowbar,and crowbar ALWAYS insta-kill headcrabs even if they got a very large amount of hp.
Please don't take my posts before 2013 too seriously. It will be better for both you and I :c
killkill85
Fatal Error (IQ = -10)
Fatal Error (IQ = -10)

Post by killkill85 »

warbrand2 wrote:some ideas for the map. aka I was messing around with cheats on the map.

I think there needs to be something other than turrets to defend the farm. because i am tired of losing every thing to antlions so every time i play single player i spawn a monk with a shotgun on the second story balcony right out side of the rail thing. he helps a lot with killing antlions so here's my idea.

Hire farmhand. hires a monk that will shot at antlions for you unlike the dog he will not leave no matter how much you want him to. He can be hired at the hotel in the city for 100 (money type here) he will stay at the farm for 14 days and you will have to re hire him. when he is at the farm a shot gun ammo spawn will start in his area. (stays when he is gone.)
That's actually a really good idea.Maybe you could tell him to go logging and he'd be gone for 3 days but come back with loads of logs?Or he could come with you into the dungeon?Those would be pretty helpful.