Slight remake of the Hazard course

Release your amazing Map creations here!
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

Lt.Benjamin wrote:Thanks, So do you like it even though its short?
Well, the point is that what you have at this point looks fine. Personally I haven't seen a map in Obsidian that looks really good. Not even my own. I see that you have the potential to become good if you just work hard with mapping. To get detail training, try to look at other's maps and see what is good in them. Not just in source games, but any game. Remenber just to never steal anything from anybody else's map! Just take inspiration from them! Stealing design and gameplay is never accepted! Taking inspiration is a totally other thing. :D

Capice? :)
Lt.Benjamin
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Lt.Benjamin »

Oniyuri wrote:
Well, the point is that what you have at this point looks fine. Personally I haven't seen a map in Obsidian that looks really good. Not even my own. I see that you have the potential to become good if you just work hard with mapping. To get detail training, try to look at other's maps and see what is good in them. Not just in source games, but any game. Remenber just to never steal anything from anybody else's map! Just take inspiration from them! Stealing design and gameplay is never accepted! Taking inspiration is a totally other thing. :D

Capice? :)

Thanks I'm going to get started on the next section.
People think im crazy.

This is yours.
Lark
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Lark »

I like where its going but to make it co-op make it a combine armory sine the abundance of weapons or a big concentration of zen critters so the combine are testing the humans abilities to cooperate in close corridors (like the Obsidian conflict story) and the way this map looks now if you Finnish it it will rock!
[JSC][GU]PREDATOR
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by [JSC][GU]PREDATOR »

But its not really a release if its not complete.
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

[JSC]_PREDATOR wrote:But its not really a release if its not complete.
Nope! It rather belongs in the WIP section. :)
Lt.Benjamin
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Lt.Benjamin »

I didnt really know where to put it, move it where ever it belongs I updated it a bit but gonna test it a big further before posting screenshots
People think im crazy.

This is yours.
Lark
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Lark »

Lt.Benjamin wrote:I didnt really know where to put it, move it where ever it belongs I updated it a bit but gonna test it a big further before posting screenshots
good but I love the look but work on the elavator more
Lt.Benjamin
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Lt.Benjamin »

I slighty updated the the entire thing (more textures and pretty things) athough i kind not find out to make the lights lesser if you walk up to the lights you know what i mean.
People think im crazy.

This is yours.