Oc_unsuspected

Release your amazing Map creations here!
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: Oc_unsuspected

Post by fug4life »

Any other way you can light the shield, i.e with sprites of something and turn them off to siginfy its been disabled.

Everything is worth a try.
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

cementiet wrote:Strange, i did not hear it from other people, and with testing with my friend evrything went fine. are u sure you got the files, or installed the map correctly?
I played it on the personal server of Andrax. I think that i have all the games mounted.
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos

Andrax17
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by Andrax17 »

my server has everything that came with the map
cementiet
prop_physics
prop_physics

Post by cementiet »

strange, i gues you server dint shared the files for the texture/sound

I did update the map.

:arrow: If correct the crash has been fixed now, after allot of testing.
:arrow: i reduced health of the cores from 20 - 15 hp (somehow this took ages to shoot)
:arrow: Added waypoint to the grenades vs the APC (i was amazed that people did not know it only could be killed by explosives??... like cmon it has armor)
:arrow: added a few more effects at the end (just tiny bit)
:arrow: Fixed some buying errors and wrong name errors.
:arrow: fixed core blocking/surfing (thanks Zeus for showing)
:arrow: added extra grenade vs second apc (need to find it)

name changed to oc_unsuspected2.

so it should work fine now, if not please tell so.

Thanks

EDIT: THE BUG IS NOT FIXED, i wil look at this tomorow, and i did sudenly get other grafical issues, while hosting..... sense this makes none.....
DL wil stay open, but is not realy adviced
So many idea's, So less time
DA: http://cementiet.deviantart.com/
DisConnected
npc_hovering_assassin
npc_hovering_assassin

Post by DisConnected »

Whoa what? The cores only had 20 hp? It took us like 30 minutes of shooting until we tried using grenades, then they went down quick.
Oh, don't be such a baby. Episode 3 will come out.

*Turns to Archimedes*

No it won't.
Axel_m3sh
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by Axel_m3sh »

If you're using func_breakables with the value "Prop Data" (or something) set to whatever material (metal,rock,ceiling tiles), I'm sure it overwrites the HP (if you set it)
cementiet
prop_physics
prop_physics

Post by cementiet »

Axel_m3sh wrote:If you're using func_breakables with the value "Prop Data" (or something) set to whatever material (metal,rock,ceiling tiles), I'm sure it overwrites the HP (if you set it)
No, its just using a standard hp bar with nothing special on it, i think hammer/hl2 just got problems with the parrent things since its rotating and going up/down.
[and you were suposed to shoot the blue thing infront of it , not just the whole core because ive seen people doing this]

I did update the map again, the bug should be fixed, but this is very very hard to tell. , i did run for 20 min in the room with my lights on now and nothing happend, so it should work THE THING U SHOULD NOT DO is fly with noclip there with your light on THIS WILL RESULT IN CRASS (Will not happen if you light is off - you not suposed to noclip in a map anyways)
i also did disable the shadows of the ammo at the spawn.

If you encounter any errors/crasses please tell so.

Thanks
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

It dosen't take long to figure it out, the waypoints help, I wouldn't make too easy, I like those 'ahhhh thats how you do it' moments.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
cementiet
prop_physics
prop_physics

Post by cementiet »

agree, i dont like maps when they are too easy, but i heard b4 people complaining about dont know wat to do.... , so i gues its better to give some ''basic tips'', and not many maps have apc's in them (least not that im aware of)

[and if you mean for the core, then yea i gues so. but can be bit hard to notice without them]
Baddtraxx
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by Baddtraxx »

i tested the map in gmod(yea i test all maps i found in gmod x3)
and this map is very nice.. (i killed all combines with mysterygrenades xD)
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Why would you do that? the weapon system wouldn't work in gmod.

And @ cementiet I was talking about the core, that how it was in first version was fine.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Baddtraxx
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by Baddtraxx »

ill start with no weapons and take the weapons from the tables outta the spawn menue and play the map O.o
DisConnected
npc_hovering_assassin
npc_hovering_assassin

Post by DisConnected »

No, we were shooting the blue part. But yeah, keep it a little hard to figure out. Maybe try placing a grenade box, so when you do see it it's more obvious than looking for grenades in another past room.

Also, when I tested it out for the 2nd time, I didn't see the ending clip. I asked if a few other people saw it, apparently only one did (I'm thinking only I saw it the first time I tested it on a server). In any case, I thought the ending clip was a bit confusing and totally irrelevant to the whole map. Either take it out completely, or incorporate it more into the map.
► Show Spoiler
If you can't do any of that, just have an epic moment where the base explodes or something.
Oh, don't be such a baby. Episode 3 will come out.

*Turns to Archimedes*

No it won't.
cementiet
prop_physics
prop_physics

Post by cementiet »

DisConnected wrote:No, we were shooting the blue part. But yeah, keep it a little hard to figure out. Maybe try placing a grenade box, so when you do see it it's more obvious than looking for grenades in another past room.

Also, when I tested it out for the 2nd time, I didn't see the ending clip. I asked if a few other people saw it, apparently only one did (I'm thinking only I saw it the first time I tested it on a server). In any case, I thought the ending clip was a bit confusing and totally irrelevant to the whole map. Either take it out completely, or incorporate it more into the map.
► Show Spoiler
If you can't do any of that, just have an epic moment where the base explodes or something.
But dont want to say much, would look kinda weird if you show a trailer that you wil go sleep, kinda information u dont need since u awake later anyways, so u noticed u were dreaming, as for the cam it worked here and for other players, (did tested it out by jumping in myzelf and asking other peeps, and asking other peeps to jump in and i just waiting at the edge) so dont realy get it why u dint saw it, maby u died at a bad timing? (did other people encounter, or can confirm this too?)

For the blow up base thing i wanted to do somthing dif, cus its always shoot, boom big ending idea (in many maps) and if you know the same type ending over and over, why playing it in the first place. maby its not as good, But the next time you will see some explosion, you least will enjoy it more since last time the thing dint blow up.

As for Patchouli - why u played it in gmod indeed? , oc is a great mod to play it in? But thanks that you liked the map. ^^

[EDIT]

Ok i did encounter the cam error myzelf now aswel by again testing the map with some1 else, this maps starts to fail more with every sec...

[EDIT 2]

Ok i did update the map for the (probley) last time, this should include the strange crass fix (due a area portal that gave no errror?), and the camera fix (tried it a million times and works now)

also fixed ''mega' hp charger
and tiny grafic change
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

Stick to naming it _v1, _v2 and so on whenever you make a new version please instead of adding special characters at the end of the mapname or people won't be able to dl it from fast dl servers.

edit: and keep it lowercase.