Obsidian Map Database

Release your amazing Map creations here!
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Obsidian Map Database

Post by fug4life »

Can pimp maps here:

http://ocmapdb.wikidot.com/

I'll try add some of my stuff when I have suitable downloadble versions of my old and new maps.
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
DisConnected
npc_hovering_assassin
npc_hovering_assassin

Re: Obsidian Map Database

Post by DisConnected »

I like it! But maybe add "length" as a variable too. Maps like castledefense might be small, but they're lengthy too.
Oh, don't be such a baby. Episode 3 will come out.

*Turns to Archimedes*

No it won't.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

I just added my first (no download link, yet)

http://ocmapdb.wikidot.com/map:warmachine

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

I'd rather have people do that on the wiki, oh well.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

I thought the wiki was for more official stuff. I know there were a few wip maps added up there. I just didn't think to really add mine as I thought I'd only clutter it up. Though I can when I get going more.

This site just has nice templates for me to use.
And I thought this site could be used to put up all custom maps past and present worthy of noting. The site says you can host your maps on it, though Im just putting mirrors of my stuff, thought the 41 odd gig ought to be used just for info imo.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Ark
Donator
Donator

Post by Ark »

I've taken the freedom of adding two more maps.
Dominic
Donator
Donator

Post by Dominic »

I was kinda trying to beat time and upload round 40 - 50 maps my self as a start before it got known, but i guess this is okay too! :)

This is a svencoop map database remake for oc, you can see the original version http://scmapdb.com/. I have already added all the official maps, and all the team mappers to the mod, along with all the official maps with their tags and i just like a minute ago finished uploading the final screenshots, as i was doing that i noticed 4 new maps! So thanks i guess :).

also,
I like it! But maybe add "length" as a variable too. Maps like castledefense might be small, but they're lengthy too.
The whole point of the site being built around a wiki is over time a tag cloud is created, which is a user generated list of tags, so if enough maps were to have lets say length:short length:long length:medium or etc just like size:large size:medium we would add a tag pag for those really popular tags. For example if you go to
scmapdb.com you can see what I'm talking about.
Last edited by Dominic on Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

Well i must say this looks more promising than that other project someone started long ago which died rather quick.

But since its on a free hosting site, how reliable is it? Are there any kinds of traffic limits etc?
Dominic
Donator
Donator

Post by Dominic »

Its on a pro account and has 50 GB of space and we are in partnership with SCMapDB, the site itself is backed up frequently all screenshots all files and the css itself, there are no traffic limits to the site just space limits.(which can be increased if necessary)

Also, the reason why I felt that the wiki you guys had now wasn't good enough was because wikidot offers modules that they make them self, so like all those maps being listed with pictures and stuff is apart of the sites module.

Offtopic: Remember to add tags to the maps you upload, in the top right of the map page there is a edit/add tags button. use size:small,medium,large and add tags that you think are good tags.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Hi, :oops:

Sorry I didn't mean to catch you of guard with the site, I'm like an Obsidian Net Detective at the moment. Feel free to make a more of an official post when you're ready, prehaps W0rf0x will be kind enough to delete this topic. And then you can start again. It would be nice if a topic here eventually gets stickied here, as I think the Database, should be a good place to send mappers from here, as well as the obsidian official wiki.

Am I ok to continue adding maps to the site, or you prefer I wait? Also, there are a few descrepancies with some of the Maps and who are the given authors, though some things I do not have right to edit (i.e my own mapper page). For instance I did not make oc_party_12a.

I just wanted to say the site is really well done and is relatively easy to use, and I truly feel custom community mappers, need some where, where they can upload and pimp their map, but also users can keep the information updated (unlike say the forums).

I hope to contribute a lot as time passes, I'm not perfect but I like to think I have quite an extended knowledge of the maps out there and who created them.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Ark
Donator
Donator

Post by Ark »

There are some mappers left to put. As soon as I finish with the rest of stuff I could leave those who have to be added yet. Anyway I'm leaving some here:

JoeScoma
Axel_m3sh
Gandorques Hikla
Dominic
Donator
Donator

Post by Dominic »

Thanks I'll add them. Just a question why are you removing the download button from all the pages??
Ark
Donator
Donator

Post by Ark »

I only removed it from those I've made that don't have a download link yet.
Last edited by Ark on Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dominic
Donator
Donator

Post by Dominic »

Ark wrote:I only removed it from those I've made that don't have a download link yet.
I say you keep it but leave it blank till we get the dl, otherwise you're gonna have to go back to a bunch of pages re add the code then change the code. Trust me it is a hassle and you are only gonna make it harder in the long run!

It's okay though I'll start re adding them, and I will put N/A in the dl button till someone/you/I uploads it.
Ark
Donator
Donator

Post by Ark »

Dominichax wrote:
Ark wrote:I only removed it from those I've made that don't have a download link yet.
I say you keep it but leave it blank till we get the dl, otherwise you're gonna have to go back to a bunch of pages re add the code then change the code. Trust me it is a hassle and you are only gonna make it harder in the long run!

It's okay though I'll start re adding them, and I will put N/A in the dl button till someone/you/I uploads it.
There you go, I've uploaded some rars.