OC_EvildDead

Release your amazing Map creations here!
Hickadam
prop_physics
prop_physics

OC_EvildDead

Post by Hickadam »

Alrighty it should be ready to go. My router is giving me some issues so I didn't have the chance to test it with a full-scale army of people, but I can't see anything too horrible happening. And if not, well, we just don't have to play it :D

http://rapidshare.de/files/29539961/oc_ ... d.zip.html

And while you're downloading, you can check out the trailer:

http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b38/h ... ildead.flv

Thanks for everyone's help on this project! Pumpkin_Masher and I hope you enjoy the finished product.

And if you're having trouble thinking of where to go next in the map, try the basement. That's the only tip i'm giving you.
Kinhoshi
npc_combine_s
npc_combine_s

Post by Kinhoshi »

Just saw the trailer, and it looks very promising. Edit: I was playing it, and it crashed... sadly. :\ Must've overloaded; anyways, I was using the chainsaw, and a couple times I was pushed back quite a ways away. (I landed on the other side of the bridge) Just telling you, incase you needed to know. Of what I did play, was VERY awesome. I'd love to see more maps from you. :P
Last edited by Kinhoshi on Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
Power-Mad
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Power-Mad »

Glad to see it out :D
Chandler
npc_hunter
npc_hunter

Post by Chandler »

is the room with a moose in it? cuz if it isn't... I'm not downloading.
Crimson
npc_citizen
npc_citizen

Post by Crimson »

OMFG I HAVE TO SEE THAT MOVIE i saw the second one and it was prettyu cool like army of darknees or somethign but i have to say that chain saw is the pwnage if there was any like seriously that is the best thing ive seen on obsidian yet...
master of the crowbar
Kinhoshi
npc_combine_s
npc_combine_s

Post by Kinhoshi »

I haven't seen the movies, but this map rocked on so many levels.
Crimson
npc_citizen
npc_citizen

Post by Crimson »

wel the second one was pretty much shit but bruce cambell pwns
master of the crowbar
Hickadam
prop_physics
prop_physics

Post by Hickadam »

YES... there is a room with a moose.

That's all i'm saying about that.

Check the post in the "WIP mapping" section for details on what is included.
Lark
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Lark »

Kinhoshi wrote:I haven't seen the movies, but this map rocked on so many levels.
omg watch it!!!!!!!!!!!!! "shop smart shop s-mart!" or "groovy" and "this is my BOOM STICK" and who cant love the ballerina corpse and all the ps2 games got to love dead midgets. I think I will model the book since I have the special edition DVD can someone bump map it at some point(dam UPS).
Crimson wrote:wel the second one was pretty much shit but bruce cambell pwns
you bastard it was the good one! but not as good as the third (army of darkness) and the 4th one is being made but can you make a castle map of the 3ed one?

edit 2 I can try to make a special V model if you do and maybe his real one if you make a map for 3 or maybe a v model for this one (a boomstick and chainsaw crowbar hand but the saw will be hard.)

edit 3 add A trigger playsound for when to open the door to get the chainsaw so it says groovy.and a lot more wavs from here http://www.tvwavs.com/bcwavs/
Lark
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Lark »

sorry to post but it wont let me edit
if I hex the beta stalker will you use it? oh and "yo she-bitch. lets go."

edit 1 if i make a flying fake book of the dead as a man hack will you use it?

edit 2 can you make a s-mart map or amy of darkness(or a map of my #1 fav movie ok its a tie with AoD. the winchester from shaun of the dead.) and a quote for the new edit "Gimmie some sugar, baby."
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

awsome :D
King Gojinn
Vertex
Vertex

Post by King Gojinn »

Great map! Haven't been able to beat it yet, but it's been killer!

Few things though...

There's just too many respawns. I love the number of enemies, BUUUUUT the 1000's of respawns they have is just too much. Consider lowering that, and definately kill the Stalker respawns to like a 1/4 of what they were. With like 2-4 on a server hunting and killing the stalkers in a dark area like that it becomes less fun and more of a chore. :cry:

Just something to think on. It's not so much the respawns as the fact that, because theres so many enemies in one area, it lags like a sonnuvab**** :roll:

Awesome map though. Loved that "The Hills Have Eyes" poster and the chainsaw too lol Even if it's hard to control, it's better than guns the whole time :lol:

Also, for some reason, it seems to crash sometimes. Just me? It's the whole server, not the game for me.
Hickadam
prop_physics
prop_physics

Post by Hickadam »

Thanks for the imput.

I'll try to explain my reasoning behind certain choices. I put a lot of zombies in, because i've heard nothing but people complain about how other levels are too easy, and how it's just not fun. This is supposed to be a zombie overload, to "terrify" and keep you backing away and shooting until the level is over. The stalkers were a new addition, adding some ranged combat complications. I feel they discourage camping, and since they have a long visible range, they alert other zombies as to exactly where players are.

As for lag, like I said, I didn't have a chance to give that a complete work-through. I got a decent framerate on my system in the middle of zombie hell, and I figured if a good dedicated server was hosting the map, with about 6 players with modern systems, it would be ok.

The chainsaw was always a bit freaky sometimes. I didn't try to change it too much. Trying to saw the couch in half and having it go physics-crazy and wipe out 2 players, 3 zombies and a window was just too funny.

As for the crashing... It crashed occasionally. I could never narrow it down to a single event. Usually during complex physics. But some times I TRIED to make it crash by throwing all the physics objects into the shed and having at them with the chainsaw. Things were flying everywhere, but not a single crash. Conclusions from this are that it's a mod stability issue. Running this map in plain ol HL2 deathmatch and it runs pretty flawlessly, it didn't give me too much trouble in Synergy either. Obsidian is still a beta, and I hope with future bug fixes and optimizations these random crashes will be eliminated. On the other hand, it could be my fault, so "oops" if it is :D

Glad you are all enjoying it so far.

And as for gtaiiilc,

A beta stalker.... Not sure which npc that is. It all depends on what would work for the situation.

A flying book of the dead would be neat, but aside from when ash went to retrieve the book of the dead in AoD, I couldn't find a use for it.

And the next project is an Army of Darkness map. I'm thinking the quint-essential peice for that map will be when I outfit the jeep with gigantic propeller blade.
Lark
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Lark »

this it the beta stalker
http://city17.ru/hl2-pre/sliv/stalker.jpg

creepy aint it!
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

Just played this, great map. A lot of npcs :o
I couldnt make it crash while playing so I didnt get any information on that.
I am playing on 1.2 dlls so its possible that issue is gone now.