Page 1 of 2

Moe GlaDOS Factory (OC Remix)

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:10 am
by Maestro Fénix
Author: NeoTokyo mod (Studio Radi-8) (original version) / XenoAisam, Raidensnake, Maestro Fénix and BRS/Syrex (OC version)
.bsp filename: oc_moegladosfactory_v2
Date of release: 09/07/2012 (V1), 17/01/2016 (V2)
Game Requirements: HL2
Suggested Players: 1 - 8
Estimated time to beat the map 20 - 30 minutes (medium)
Size: 152mb on bz2, 453mb uncompressed.

http://mapdb.obsidianconflict.net/map:m ... -map-remix

Is recommended use FastDL in the server for a quick downloading of the files.


Mirrors:

Uncompressed

Bz2 Compressed

MapDB Uncompressed (1/2 part)

MapDB Uncompressed (2/2 part)

MapDB Compressed (1/2 part)

MapDB Compressed (2/2 part)

Plugin


Description:

Originally nt_ghost_ctg from NeoTokyo, it has been modified to make a "new" map for classic co-op. The map has embedded all the NeoTokyo content, so is not necessary to have installed the mod for play it. The V2 version has been fully optimizated and added HDR, so there's now a gain at the FPS.

This map uses now a revolutionary camera display for cutscenes, removing the old and blocky anime overviews. A new way to allow dynamic subtitles has been implemented. Also, numerous improvements have been made at the gameplay and mapping design.

Note: In order to make the subtitles to appear on the map, it needs to be loaded only once locally for online game, no need for listen server. All dedicated servers need to install the custom plugin in the addons folder to their sourcemod for the map to work.


Briefing

PASKAL Urban divisions just got intel about a popular Diva, Hatsune Miku, being abducted in a research factory as hostage. PASKAL squad was dispatch to help releasing Miku from the area. Without much information, the PASKAL divisions are deployed outside of the factory, ready to enter.

What they will find inside...?

Screenshots:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Features:
  • Custom content from NeoTokyo.
  • Great ambientation.
  • In game dialogues through cam display.
  • Subtitles.

Credits

Moe GLaDOS Factory V2

Original Version:

Lead Developers:
XenoAisam
raidensnake

Character Overlays by XenoAisam

Voices:
raidensnake as Captain Benci
Rozenstar as HQ Radio Girl
Heavenstare as Corrupted GLaDOS
vocaloidifytheworld as Hatsune Miku (Original Version Only)

Version 2 Revision:

Lead Developers:
XenoAisam
raidensnake

Additional Scripting By:
SyreҲ
Maestro Fénix

Communication Design:
Inspired by the Eli character overlay featured in oc_trainride by Cementiet

Scripting:
raidensnake
Maestro Fénix
SyreҲ

Background Design:
SyreҲ
XenoAisam

Faceposer Animation:
raidensnake

Subtitle Scripting:
raidensnake
Maestro Fénix

Voices:
raidensnake as Captain Benci (Reprised)
Rozenstar as HQ Radio Girl (Reprised)
Heavenstare as Corrupted GLaDOS (Reprised)
Raspdere as Hatsune Miku (Version 2)

Additional voice & Texture by Aspider25
As part of the Day of the spider Moe GLaDOS Factory crossover Collaboration

SourceMod Server Scripting:
Using modified client execute plugin
Original by dubbeh
Modified for Obsidian Conflict by mrchemist

Original Map nt_ghost_ctg By Studio Radi-8
Modified for Obsidian Conflict

Corrupted GLaDOS's Dome Shield model by Soldier

Gas Mask Overlay Update By Princess Luna

Special Thanks:
The Obsidian Conflict Development Team
The Obsidian Conflict Community
The XenoOC Community
ASpider25 & Cementiet
All of the people who worked on this project and beared with is after all of these years.
And Especially You

Featuring Hatsune Miku v3, Corrupted GLaDOS, Captain Benci & PaskalSailorGarl (As HQ Operator)
Hatsune Miku v3, Corrupted GLaDOS, PaskalSailorGarl & Captain Benci Models Designed By XenoAisam
Hatsune Miku ©2007-2016 Crypton Future Media Inc./Sega Corporation/Yamaha Corporation/Kei
Corrupted GLaDOS ©Crypton Future Media Inc./Sega Corporation/Yamaha Corporation/Kei/Valve Corporation/Ichikazu
PaskalSailorGarl & Captain Benci Models ©XenoAisam
The Day of Spider Garry's Mod Series Collaboration ©Valve Corporation/Facepunch Studios Ltd/ASpider25
Original Map nt_ghost_ctg From NeoTokyo ©Studio Radi-8
Music From Unreal Tournament OST ©Epic Games/Digital Extremes/GT Interactive
Portal & Source SDK ©Valve Corporation
Obsidian Conflict ©Obsidian Conflict Team
Modifed Client Execute Plugin For SourceMod ©dubbeh/mrchemist/AlliedModders LLC
Sourcemod & Metamod ©AlliedModders LLC
Uses Valve Source SDK 2007 For Obsidian Conflict Mod
Dialogue Written By XenoAisam & raidensnake
Developed Exclusively For XenoAisam's Obsidian Conflict Server

An RSDNTWK, XenoAisam & OC Community Collaboration

Thanks For Playing

Content Used Under International “Fair Use” Laws

Originally presented by The Raidensnake’s Den Website Network As Part Of It’s 9th Official Anniversary

The permissions for use the NeoTokyo content were got by Maestro Fénix


Mirrors:

Uncompressed

Bz2 Compressed

MapDB Uncompressed (1/2 part)

MapDB Uncompressed (2/2 part)

MapDB Compressed (1/2 part)

MapDB Compressed (2/2 part)

Plugin

Re: Moe GlaDOS Factory (OC Remix)

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:45 pm
by RocketRunner
Why are there Tachikomas in there?

Re: Moe GlaDOS Factory (OC Remix)

Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:11 pm
by fug4life
Well done guys. Tip: for next version consider adding transparency to your speech bubble overlays. And also consider adding to the character overlays aswell.

Re: Moe GlaDOS Factory (OC Remix)

Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:26 pm
by Dominic
I really did enjoy this map all of the custom content did it for me. On top of that I have not seen anyone do the on screen chat bubble thing which is actually pretty neat. Great job guys.

Re: Moe GlaDOS Factory (OC Remix)

Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:24 pm
by Maestro Fénix
Dominichax wrote:I really did enjoy this map all of the custom content did it for me. On top of that I have not seen anyone do the on screen chat bubble thing which is actually pretty neat. Great job guys.
Xeno and Raiden were testing it during two months in their server. It was kinda buggy at first, lagging and flickering.

Re: Moe GlaDOS Factory (OC Remix)

Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:01 pm
by raidensnake
After 1288 DAYS (3 years, 6 months and 9 days) I can finally Announce The release of Moe GLaDOS Factory Version 2! Thanks to everyone who helped make this possible!

Re: Moe GlaDOS Factory (OC Remix)

Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:27 pm
by Maestro Fénix
Is over. Is finally over. Took forever thanks to the Steampipe update who broke Hammer and Faceposer, but it has been finally released. Better late than never.

Re: Moe GlaDOS Factory (OC Remix)

Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:51 pm
by raidensnake
Maestro Fénix wrote:Is over. Is finally over. Took forever thanks to the Steampipe update who broke Hammer and Faceposer, but it has been finally released. Better late than never.
That and it broke OC altogether! Good thing the mountfix resolves this problem!

Re: Moe GlaDOS Factory (OC Remix)

Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:04 pm
by Maestro Fénix
We recommend to do not download the map until we fix the problems suddenly spotted. Isn't lovely how everything breaks down suddenly...

Re: Moe GlaDOS Factory (OC Remix)

Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:34 pm
by raidensnake
Maestro Fénix wrote:We recommend to do not download the map until we fix the problems suddenly spotted. Isn't lovely how everything breaks down suddenly...
That's source for you...

Re: Moe GlaDOS Factory (OC Remix)

Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:47 pm
by Seaal
I know I'm late to the party, but what exactly is the res bug? What does it do? Is it a game-breaking glitch, or can it be ignored?

Re: Moe GlaDOS Factory (OC Remix)

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:42 am
by Maestro Fénix
Seaal wrote:I know I'm late to the party, but what exactly is the res bug? What does it do? Is it a game-breaking glitch, or can it be ignored?
There are two mayor bugs which we are trying to resolve:

-One related with the RES file: If a server has this map, and you don't have it, the client (AND THE SERVER) will hang as soon as you start downloading it.

-The other is with env_microphone: The volume scales with the number of players. So, a single player will hear it normal, 4 will hear it loud, 8 very loud, and 14, well, literally ear rape.


Outside of that the map is playable, but we don't recommend to download it.

Re: Moe GlaDOS Factory (OC Remix)

Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:57 pm
by Seaal
Maestro Fénix wrote:There are two mayor bugs which we are trying to resolve:

-One related with the RES file: If a server has this map, and you don't have it, the client (AND THE SERVER) will hang as soon as you start downloading it.

-The other is with env_microphone: The volume scales with the number of players. So, a single player will hear it normal, 4 will hear it loud, 8 very loud, and 14, well, literally ear rape.


Outside of that the map is playable, but we don't recommend to download it.
(Forgot I asked this, now I come back days later :\)
Alrighty, so it's just going to be me and my friend, and we can both download it easily, so these bugs shouldn't be too hard to ignore. Thanks for notifying!

Edit: So. I finally decide to play this map with my friend, but whenever I do, it loads for a bit, then returns to the menu. The only hint I have is in the console with:
Host_Error: Overflow error writing string table baseline soundprecache.
Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Re: Moe GlaDOS Factory (OC Remix)

Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:15 pm
by Maestro Fénix
Seaal wrote:
Maestro Fénix wrote:There are two mayor bugs which we are trying to resolve:

-One related with the RES file: If a server has this map, and you don't have it, the client (AND THE SERVER) will hang as soon as you start downloading it.

-The other is with env_microphone: The volume scales with the number of players. So, a single player will hear it normal, 4 will hear it loud, 8 very loud, and 14, well, literally ear rape.


Outside of that the map is playable, but we don't recommend to download it.
(Forgot I asked this, now I come back days later :\)
Alrighty, so it's just going to be me and my friend, and we can both download it easily, so these bugs shouldn't be too hard to ignore. Thanks for notifying!

Edit: So. I finally decide to play this map with my friend, but whenever I do, it loads for a bit, then returns to the menu. The only hint I have is in the console with:
Host_Error: Overflow error writing string table baseline soundprecache.
Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Probably related with the two main bugs, that's why we pulled out the map until we fix it.

Re: Moe GlaDOS Factory (OC Remix)

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:34 am
by Seaal
Dang it. Well alright then. I'll patiently wait. :)