oc_tantrum_b5

Release your amazing Map creations here!
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

destiny wrote:we have trouble with octantrum b4 wen we have hooked up the generator and go to airport the door and all work good but once we arrive at airfield and we die wat happens a lot for some reason we cant spawn the system says you are dead please wait for a spawn point to be avaible even though everyone is dead no one can spawn for some reason PLEASE I BEG YOU FIX IT
Has anyone else had this problem? Seems like the final group of spawns didn't get activated, though, the ones before that did get deactivated... I can't have a look into what might have caused it at once, but I will as soon as I have time. Since noone else has mentioned this issue I guess not everyone has it, or that it could be some rare glitch.
Myself I didn't test any spawns while testing b4, since I was just godmoding around for easy testing. Oh well, have to look into it...
Lark
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Lark »

Oniyuri wrote:
destiny wrote:we have trouble with octantrum b4 wen we have hooked up the generator and go to airport the door and all work good but once we arrive at airfield and we die wat happens a lot for some reason we cant spawn the system says you are dead please wait for a spawn point to be avaible even though everyone is dead no one can spawn for some reason PLEASE I BEG YOU FIX IT
Has anyone else had this problem? Seems like the final group of spawns didn't get activated, though, the ones before that did get deactivated... I can't have a look into what might have caused it at once, but I will as soon as I have time. Since noone else has mentioned this issue I guess not everyone has it, or that it could be some rare glitch.
Myself I didn't test any spawns while testing b4, since I was just godmoding around for easy testing. Oh well, have to look into it...
I did find it once a 1 player spawned in the new spawn but he was AFK so we votekicked him but it still said the spawns were full :/
Makrontt le nécron
npc_citizen
npc_citizen

Post by Makrontt le nécron »

This happened to everybody each time I played this map (which is great btw :wink: ), the final spawn point is not activated, everybody is stuck with the "no spawn point available" message.
I'm back baby!
destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by destiny »

finaly some one that doesnt first talk about my typing but the big picture ooh and glitches chances are 0 cause i played it twice with different poeple but the last spawn wont activate and the second one goes ofline so we get stuck in the waiting room
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

Weird how it could break when I did nothing to it... unless it was linked to the zombines somehow... or some update in OC made it not work. Other spawns DO work though it seems, right? Well, thanks for letting me know, then I'll hopefully be able to fix it as well. :)
destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by destiny »

uuh a smal qeustion but i never saw any zombines anywere in the tunnel part only some headcrabes
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

The last spawns get activated, they just get considered invalid because they are a few units inside an solid, heres an fix:

http://w0rf0x.de/srcdsdl/oc/maps/cfg/oc ... modify.txt

put in maps/cfg.
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

Thanks for that fix, W0rf0x :D
I still hope to be able to assemble b5 soon enough still.

And about them zombines: They were replaced by hunters cause I felt like doing so :o
EDIT: Put W0rf0x's fix on page 1, so it will be easy to find for ya'll
destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by destiny »

wel i dont know myself if it works but i downloaded it and played it with some poeple i didnt die but someone else did and i saw that person next to me so it works that you worfox
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

b5 released! As always, do report all errors you find within the map, as well as your own opinion on it :)
Lark
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Lark »

I keep crashing to desktop when I start up the map D:
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

gtaiiilc wrote:I keep crashing to desktop when I start up the map D:
That is really weird... I had no probs with the final version of the map, neither in HDR nor LDR, with no extra content mounted at least. You get any message upon crash? :?
Lark
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Lark »

it crashes when is loading resources I am using a fresh install could you maybe have forgot to include something?
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

Hmmm... not that I know of. I tried to remove all the old tantrum files from my obsidian folder before testing the map I uploaded, and all the models, sounds and materials are in the map file, with just the map script files left as separate files :? Could the osprey model I borrowed from HL:S be a problem in some way? (model and materials are included in the map) Otherwise I don't really know... I guess other maps work fine at least? Tantrum seems to work for me and other people at least. I can't really think of any solutions to this, apart from trying to re-download the map.

I really don't know what sort of things that can make you crash upon loading resources, someone here on the forum might have other suggestions?
JerC
Donator
Donator

Post by JerC »

I got no problem while loading the map and it was playable.
Please don't take my posts before 2013 too seriously. It will be better for both you and I :c