Oc_gunball_b1

Release your amazing Map creations here!
[JSC][GU]PREDATOR
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Re: Oc_gunball_b1

Post by [JSC][GU]PREDATOR »

Scrap wrote:
[JSC][GU][r]PREDATOR wrote:No... look here he is saying that he made dm_gunball when he didn't the cheap basterd.
Vasili wrote: Based on my dm_gunball I bring oc_gunball! The first custom map with
well if his nick is MrMof then its all ok, http://www.snarkpit.net/maps.php?map=1462
also it isnt dm_gunball , the original name is dm_steelball (watch the screenshots, same pics as posted here)
No im pretty sure vasili is not him because look at the difference between this guy's maps and vasili's
http://www.snarkpit.net/users.php?name=MrMof

Now do you understand why i hate vasili?
Scrap
npc_strider
npc_strider

Post by Scrap »

[JSC][GU][r]PREDATOR wrote:
Scrap wrote:
[JSC][GU][r]PREDATOR wrote:No... look here he is saying that he made dm_gunball when he didn't the cheap basterd.
Vasili wrote: Based on my dm_gunball I bring oc_gunball! The first custom map with
well if his nick is MrMof then its all ok, http://www.snarkpit.net/maps.php?map=1462
also it isnt dm_gunball , the original name is dm_steelball (watch the screenshots, same pics as posted here)
No im pretty sure vasili is not him because look at the difference between this guy's maps and vasili's

ok, now vasili is either very smart by making us belive his this beginner and a little newbie or his seriously dumb by downloading another guys map and not giving credit. Even if the author allowed him to modify the map for oc credit should be given to the author.

Also its wrong to write "Description:
Based on Dm_gunball, this is the oc version made by Vasili
Now get out there and play ball!
" made by vasili ...people will get it wrong and think you made the map, not so based on and more of updated or remade to oc. Based on makes, atleast me , think you played a map and based your map theme on a guys idea but still "based on..." maybe its my english, maybe its your english. I need to see the "arguing over the internet is like winning special olympics" pic....this is pointless
[JSC][GU]PREDATOR
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Im guessing that vasili got tired because of all his terrible maps and bad comments that he decided to take a map and think he could get away with it.
and its not only the maps but its his personality too i cannot trust this guy for one second, he use to go by the name as radioactive on hl2dm and said that he was a girl who was 15 but now he is pretending that he is a teacher... a 15 year old teacher? LOL this guy is a psycho and always has been if i had admin on these forums i would ban him forever.
unconnected
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by unconnected »

Scrap wrote:
[JSC][GU][r]PREDATOR wrote:
Scrap wrote:

ok, now vasili is either very smart by making us belive his this beginner and a little newbie or his seriously dumb by downloading another guys map and not giving credit. Even if the author allowed him to modify the map for oc credit should be given to the author.

Also its wrong to write "Description:
Based on Dm_gunball, this is the oc version made by Vasili
Now get out there and play ball!
" made by vasili ...people will get it wrong and think you made the map, not so based on and more of updated or remade to oc. Based on makes, atleast me , think you played a map and based your map theme on a guys idea but still "based on..." maybe its my english, maybe its your english. I need to see the "arguing over the internet is like winning special olympics" pic....this is pointless
I don't believe for one second that Vasili made the orginal version of this, this map has some very complex entity relaltionships and some very clean brushwork. Vasili on the other hand has showed that his knowledge of entities are somewhat lacking - he admitted himself he could not get a game_end entity to work, which probably ranks as one of the easier entities to use and his brushwork needs some attention.
Vasili wrote:Based on my dm_gunball I bring oc_gunball! The first custom map with the oc teamplay mode!
I had noticed this claim earlier but did not comment on it for the simple reason I didn't want to get into a flame war on a public forum. But in hindsight I should have. There is a good quote on the Valve Development Wiki which says the following on the matter:
Valve Developer Community Wiki wrote:When you decompile a map you are taking a designer's hard work and using it for yourself. So, before you go around decompiling maps as you please and throwing the VMFs up on the internet, please take a moment to think about yourself dedicating a small portion of your life to something and then someone breaking it into a million pieces.

When you decompile a map it should be for one of two reasons:

* You are curious how a certain part of his/her map works
* You are going to greatly change the map and only use the skeleton, and of course give the author of the original map the full rights to your work.
If you're going to re-release a map for another mod I think at the bare minimum you should give the original author credit for his work, but to palm it off as your own is wrong.

I know I sometimes try too hard to see the good side in people - but I just hope in this case he didn't mean it literally, or that he was in his own little dream world when he wrote it.

Also in hindsight I should probably not have fixed the map for him, if anyone takes further issue with this I will remove the link to the new map from my previous post.
Vasili
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by Vasili »

That was testing how smart you are, you did not pass the test 2/10.
Lol pwned by a teacher!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
unconnected
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by unconnected »

Vasili wrote:That was testing how smart you are, you did not pass the test 2/10.
Lol pwned by a teacher!
Unfortunately in this case I think you "pwned" yourself as the original author would surely have known to set the worldspawn.teamplay to 1 ;)
BOB
npc_citizen
npc_citizen

Post by BOB »

Vasili wrote:That was testing how smart you are, you did not pass the test 2/10.
Lol pwned by a teacher!
you fail
Vasili
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by Vasili »

unconnected wrote:
Lol pwned by a teacher!
Unfortunately in this case I think you "pwned" yourself as the original author would surely have known to set the worldspawn.teamplay to 1 ;)
I'm working on that pal.
HBK
Banned

Post by HBK »

What is this shit? Oh my god what just happened?!?!

Why are you still around?
[JSC][GU]PREDATOR
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Ahha so you finally understand. Ok im hoping that people can trust me now for telling you the truth.
Now please lock this thread someone.
tomgreen
prop_physics
prop_physics

Post by tomgreen »

Um vasli everyone noticed that you took the map when u said dm_paintball we just didn't care, because thats what we expect out of you.....
Scrap
npc_strider
npc_strider

Post by Scrap »

unconnected wrote:
I had noticed this claim earlier but did not comment on it for the simple reason I didn't want to get into a flame war on a public forum. But in hindsight I should have. .
hehe, this forum was all nice and supporting at first, pfff....just a fake behaviour. We dont need to be nice, its more fun if we argue and pwn eachother realy, if we are given enough of a reason ofcourse. Vasili made a mistake by ripping off a map, now his in obsidian forum history forever. :twisted:

EDIT: joke of the month, check vasilis rank. :o
[JSC][GU]PREDATOR
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Scrap wrote: hehe, this forum was all nice and supporting at first, pfff....just a fake behaviour. We dont need to be nice, its more fun if we argue and pwn eachother realy, if we are given enough of a reason ofcourse. Vasili made a mistake by ripping off a map, now his in obsidian forum history forever. :twisted:
These still are nice forums i just needed to thet everyone know how much of an asshole vasili is really and i proved my point and there is a very simple answer... just ban him! now that we know his ways none of us want him here anymore so good riddens i say, and if the admins don't want the flame war to continue just lock the thread and we won't ever mension vasili again (well i won't anyway).
unconnected
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by unconnected »

Scrap wrote:
unconnected wrote:
I had noticed this claim earlier but did not comment on it for the simple reason I didn't want to get into a flame war on a public forum. But in hindsight I should have. .
hehe, this forum was all nice and supporting at first, pfff....just a fake behaviour. We dont need to be nice, its more fun if we argue and pwn eachother realy, if we are given enough of a reason ofcourse. Vasili made a mistake by ripping off a map, now his in obsidian forum history forever. :twisted:

EDIT: joke of the month, check vasilis rank. :o
Don't get me wrong, I don't mind slagging people off and I'll have a pop at the next guy like anyone else. However, the reason I held back on Vasili was that at least he tried to contribute.

Yeah his maps were a bit crap but this mod needs mappers, we all know that but if we all take a hardline on them they might go else where. Vasili might of turned out a decent mapper in the end.

Unfortunately as we've seen in this thread - he took the easy way out and palmed off someone elses work as his own (even if he apparently did it as a joke).
[JSC][GU][r]PREDATOR wrote:These still are nice forums i just needed to thet everyone know how much of an asshole vasili is really and i proved my point and there is a very simple answer... just ban him! now that we know his ways none of us want him here anymore so good riddens i say, and if the admins don't want the flame war to continue just lock the thread and we won't ever mension vasili again (well i won't anyway).
I agree, I wouldn't bother posting here if you guys weren't generally nice guys - I'd just watch from the sidelines - but you guys are nice, theres a nice little community here and that makes the mod that much better.

But like I mentioned above, I held back on Vasili in the hopes he'd improve - yeah he has some kind of weird perception problem regarding his age and gender going on, but he might have come up with the goods eventually.

Don't get me wrong Predator - I absolutely trust your judgement regarding Vasili and I respect your opinions, but I didn't think it prudent of me (a newcomer to the forums anyway) to wade in and start calling the guy a liar etc when he was still making maps for the mod.

In retrospect I think I was a little naive in the way I treated Vasili, yeah I knew he most likely a 15 year old kid who had delusions of grandeur - I still helped him out with his train maps, I must've fixed nearly 50 issues with that map (his brushwork was pretty atrocious - 26 leaks in total) - but in reality the mod doesn't need guys like that as they just lower the tone.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is, forgive my humbleness - next time I'll be the hard faced old git I really am ;)
[JSC][GU]PREDATOR
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

unconnected wrote: So I guess what I'm trying to say is, forgive my humbleness - next time I'll be the hard faced old git I really am ;)
You don't need to appologize you were just trying to help but didn't realize what shit this person is made of at the time.