Sound Model

Release your props and objects for the community to use.
Blues
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Sound Model

Post by Blues »

As decals don't create their own sounds when you are walking on them, fug4life asked me to make a model with the slime surfaceprop for his halloween mapadd.
It's a little bumpy as you can see in the picture below. Fug4life asked me to make it like this so if you walk on it you will notice this bumpiness maybe making it feel a little more as if you were walking in something with obstacles in it.

This is the collisionmodel of the model. The model itself uses Nodraw as texture and thus will not be seen.
The whole model is about 128x128, the height of the bumps is about 3 or four inches
Walking on it you will hear squishy slime sounds.

This Model might come in handy for mapadds or parts of your map where you don't want to put
W0rf0x wrote:OVER NINETOUSAAAAAAND
slimy displacements.

You can download it here:
http://www.obsidianconflict.de/blues/sl ... _model.rar

And if anyone wants models like this for any mapadd misions or just to have nice effects for their decals, please contact me and i might make them for you :)
Image Image Image

Excuse me for being rude. I'm usually drunk while posting.
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

Hmm, good idea actually. This one could always be changed to make different sounds as well. Good show.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Just wanted to say thanks for the model, I had my doubts about just how much of an impact it would make and whether it was worth the effort for a map add. The result is yes it was more than worth it.

Just a note to others, make sure you set your 'render mode' in the prop_dynamic's object properties to 'do not render'. A mistake I made (thanks blues;).
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Blues
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by Blues »

Otherwise you will have a console that's spammed so fast by a certain error that you won't even be able to copy the error message without stopping the game (as fug told me). :lmao:

Oh and If you're making map-adds without hammer and mapadd generator, then this might be of interest for you:

Code: Select all

"rendermode" "10"
Image Image Image

Excuse me for being rude. I'm usually drunk while posting.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

I like to describe it as 'console in free fall'
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database