Obsidian Conflict Version 1.23 Patch Released!

Obsidian News Archive.
DaMaN
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by DaMaN »

I toyed around with Obsidian yesterday. btw, new stuff ftw. :D

I ran into two slight issues:

The first is that while all zombies can have their headcrabs removed in Hammer, (which is really cool and I'm making a map revolving around that), Poison zombies don't seem to be able to spawn without at least one poison headcrab in the nest. Is it possible to have zero headcrabs in the nest by editing the Smart Edit value in Hammer?

The second is that I was unable to add a scripted weapon to my map. I selected weapon_scripted, matched the script box to the custom_ak47.txt and compiled. When I went ingame, everything appeared as normal except the weapon_scripted was missing. Is there an example? Perhaps I'm doing it wrong...

Super update as always! I've been frantically working on a city map for hordes of zombies to invade :P
Current projects: Return to City 17 and Rising Dead
Also, check out my Blag: http://daman-amappersworld.blogspot.com/
Lark
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Lark »

DaMaN wrote:I toyed around with Obsidian yesterday. btw, new stuff ftw. :D

The first is that while all zombies can have their headcrabs removed in Hammer, (which is really cool and I'm making a map revolving around that), Poison zombies don't seem to be able to spawn without at least one poison headcrab in the nest. Is it possible to have zero headcrabs in the nest by editing the Smart Edit value in Hammer?

The second is that I was unable to add a scripted weapon to my map. I selected weapon_scripted, matched the script box to the custom_ak47.txt and compiled. When I went ingame, everything appeared as normal except the weapon_scripted was missing. Is there an example? Perhaps I'm doing it wrong...

Super update as always! I've been frantically working on a city map for hordes of zombies to invade :P
I love maps like that can I test it?and will you be able to baracade your self in rooms I love to do that.
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

DaMaN wrote:I toyed around with Obsidian yesterday. btw, new stuff ftw. :D

You might be able to add just 0 to the value for the poison zombies. As for the weapon_scripted, all you need to do it add the name of the script and nothing else. I have coded it so if the script doesnt exist in that folder by that name the weapon will remove itself and spit out a console error.

Example, all you need to type is custom_deagle for the deagle weapon.
Fenrir
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Fenrir »

skidz wrote: You might be able to add just 0 to the value for the poison zombies. As for the weapon_scripted, all you need to do it add the name of the script and nothing else. I have coded it so if the script doesnt exist in that folder by that name the weapon will remove itself and spit out a console error.

Leet!

I don't use hammer much
But the scripted weapons are awesome.
I will spit right in your fraking face.
How does it taste? After the lips are sealed below your waist,
You will never frak again.
DaMaN
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by DaMaN »

gtaiiilc wrote:I love maps like that can I test it?and will you be able to baracade your self in rooms I love to do that.
Sure! I'll see about releasing a beta in the next week or two. And yes, you will be able to barricade yourself in rooms and buildings.

Here's a few very quick screenshots (normal zombies unfortunately, i killed all the ones without headcrabs before I took screenshots :(. Oh, and sorry for the fullbright)

skidz wrote:You might be able to add just 0 to the value for the poison zombies. As for the weapon_scripted, all you need to do it add the name of the script and nothing else. I have coded it so if the script doesnt exist in that folder by that name the weapon will remove itself and spit out a console error.

OK, when the poison zombies have a value of zero, they default to three :(. I've used a temporary work-around for now, changing a normal zombie without a headcrab to a poison zombie model ;)

weapon_scripted worked!! I didn't realise it was just custom_deagle and not custom_deagle.txt. Anyways, I got it working!! Missing a few models, (AK47 and custom deagle gave me error models), but other than that, pretty sweet!! I'm going to be making some spiffy maps now...
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

DaMaN, you should change the fog colour as well to make it fit the skybox.
DaMaN
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by DaMaN »

Yea, I intend on changing a lot of things :)

Currently I'm focusing on getting a large city space without the lag usually associated with said spaces. The buildings are very simplistic with few details, and that's worked so far, but I'm hoping to add more. The only inside spaces at the moment are four storefronts, one small store + flat above, a ruined building, and a bar. It's a bit of a tradeoff - I want lots of places to explore and hide from the zombies, but I also want the zombies to be able to find you easily.
Hell-met
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by Hell-met »

That really looks like a map used in the Zombie Survival gmod gamemode.

Infact it really is.
Mustang
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by Mustang »

Yes, thief.
Hyperjag3 wrote:God damnit, I can't take anymore of that fag's shit, banned.
skidz wrote:Your account and IP are banned for life, goodbye.
DaMaN
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by DaMaN »

Fire_cube wrote:That really looks like a map used in the Zombie Survival gmod gamemode.

Infact it really is.
Mustang wrote:Yes, thief.
Really? What an amazing coincidence. Out of all the varied building textures that Half life 2 provides, it's incredible that I would select the same textures as another map. Oh, and what an even more amazing coincidence that some of the buildings are designed to look like buildings! OMGWTFBBQH@KZ!! h3 mUzt b3 a st33ler!! Th3if!!

But seriously, please reserve your judgement for when I release a beta, lest you embarrass yourselves ;)
Mustang
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by Mustang »

Oh, well, it's just those two buildings are EXACTLY the same in the EXACT same place
DaMaN
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by DaMaN »

Please please please PLEASE show me some screenshots! :) This I've gotta see. I spent 6 hours last night creating these buildings from scratch. I will be VERY surprised if they turn out to look exactly like another map I've never played.
Hell-met
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by Hell-met »

:roll: ...

Show 'em Mustang, I deleted my gmod folder a while ago.
Mustang
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by Mustang »

I don't have the map any more I'll find it though
DaMaN
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by DaMaN »

I'll be waiting! :)

Oh, and in the meantime, here's another screenshot for you to find things I supposedly stole from other maps[/sarcasm]