Let's play (a little bit of) Nintendo DS games.

Off topic Discussion
Azure Edge
Donator
Donator

Let's play (a little bit of) Nintendo DS games.

Post by Azure Edge »

TABLE OF CONTENTS:

Opening post: Dengeki Gakuen RPG - Cross of Venus
Post 23 pg. 2: Oktoberfest - The Official Game

Well, since I have a DS flash card, I decide I should try and get some random games that are available in Japan only. Unfortunately, the IDOLM@STER game for DS requires a DSi, which I do not have. Today, I will be showing you my few thoughts of maybe the first 5-10-20(?) minutes of Dengeki Gakuen RPG - Cross of Venus. What really stood out in this game, is that it contains many notable anime characters, who retain their original voice actors, including Dokuro-Chan, Shana, Taiga Aisaka, and a few others. And hell yes, Shana and Taiga are still voiced by Rie Kugimiya in this game. Aside from the anime characters, you also play as a player named protagonist, and have a partner (who is a childhood friend) named Kizuna Kasugai. Since I can't understand Japanese, there is no way in hell I'm going to be able to tell you much of what's going on. Decided to name my character ☆ since I don't really have any idea what else I could use. Cutscene with me inside the school at night with that girl I mentioned earlier, talking, talking, talking, blah blah blah... We walk into a class room and I noticed something familiar. Hmm some black haired girl in a green unifor- HOLY CRAP IT'S SHANA Image oh and of course, Melon Bread in here mouth. Aheh~

Then some monster appears. Me being startled along with my friend, we just stand there and are like o_o, and then Shana, with all her badassery, takes out her sword, and beats the hell out of the monster. Image

Battle ends, Shana is talking to us about stuff that I cannot understand (only being mesmerized by Rie's voice though :3). More talking, more talking... And then an animated cutscene comes up, And I see these things that look like scare crows..? Image Turns out to be the whole entire cast of the game being hung on crosses.

And then I was like D: when I saw Taiga like this: Image Oh and as Key said, why does Taiga have boobs? And I wonder why her hair color is darker? Oh and so apparently Dokuro Chan was the actual Jesus: Image

After all that, the intro movie comes up, I skipped it, Shana talked to me, joined my party, and I was like "I'm bored." I'll play some more later, and possibly write more about my experiences of this game when I make more progress (and figure out how to save). Thanks for reading ^_^
Last edited by Azure Edge on Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Image <- Push!
Curious?

Keychain
Obsidian Veteran
Obsidian Veteran

Post by Keychain »

what is this what

when did this happen!?
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

Oh my god what is this a game with shana and taiga holy crap my dreams have come true HHHHHNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG

Give me a link to that rom or w/e so i can play this in an emulator now!
Azure Edge
Donator
Donator

Post by Azure Edge »

Yeah I'll post it.. I don't remember if you are forced to sign up for this site, but I think if not, your download speed is limited to 100kb/s, and it- Oh wait yes it requires you to sign up, because the site's policy requires you to be a member for files 50 mb and up, and this is 100 mb. So you have two choices, here's the link to the ROM, you just need to sign up, or just PM me your MSNs, and I'll distribute the file to you that way. Here's the link though: http://www.romulation.net/NDS/3544_-_De ... .rar.html/
Image <- Push!
Curious?

Vasili
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by Vasili »

Now where did I put my DSi...
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

Registered and dling, ty.

Now for some hnnnnngg
[FTA]c0m4ndo45
npc_combine_s
npc_combine_s

Post by [FTA]c0m4ndo45 »

Emulators:

http://www.desmume.com/

http://emucraze.com/ideas/index.php?act=downloads

Desmume seems to be the best available, but i was unable to find that game in the compatibility list. Good luck trying to run it though!
<Proud to be a gamer>

Azure Edge
Donator
Donator

Post by Azure Edge »

[FTA]c0m4ndo45 wrote:Emulators:

http://www.desmume.com/

http://emucraze.com/ideas/index.php?act=downloads

Desmume seems to be the best available, but i was unable to find that game in the compatibility list. Good luck trying to run it though!
I ran it on Desmume. How do you think I got the pictures in the first place? ^_^;
Image <- Push!
Curious?

Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

Only works on the iDeaS Emulator for me, but the sound, oh god the sound, it goes ~~~~~~~~~~

Edit: god damnit the sound goes so slow it makes Shana sound like a man ;_;
Azure Edge
Donator
Donator

Post by Azure Edge »

Hm weird. Maybe it depends on technological aspects of your computer? I'm not sure. Just play around with the settings and see if you can get anything working.
Image <- Push!
Curious?

Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

well already messed around with all of ideas settings, and Desmume doesnt have any setting i could change and the game doesnt work on it for me anyways, you using any sort of plugins for it? may could upload your version since it works for you.
Azure Edge
Donator
Donator

Post by Azure Edge »

I just got a fresh version. Here's the link. http://emulator-zone.com/doc.php/nds/desmume.html
Image <- Push!
Curious?

Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

Holy crap it works now with and with proper sound too. HHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG

Just a note, the last version i could get from http://www.desmume.com is 0.4.0, they dont seem to be up-to-date anymore.
Azure Edge
Donator
Donator

Post by Azure Edge »

I'm imagining worf0x in his room right now either A. laughing like a madman, or B. Giggling like a school girl, after he has found something that he's dreamed of :3

But yeah, the battle system looks very smooth, and it remind me of the Linear Motion Battle System (on a smaller scale, of course) from the Tales Of... games, especially Phantasia.

Oh and wow, .4.0. Especially when it's in .9.4 now. Huge step forwards. Good thing it works ^_^
Image <- Push!
Curious?

Keychain
Obsidian Veteran
Obsidian Veteran

Post by Keychain »

Game is all around pretty laggy for me, oh well. I just wanted to see it for myself, Fox will inform me of any Taiga screens.