We really need more Super Gravity Gun puzzles

Obsidian General.
DrHeadhumper
Polygon
Polygon

We really need more Super Gravity Gun puzzles

Post by DrHeadhumper »

Well, the title says it all. I haven't seen a single official (or unofficial) map that uses the super gravity gun. Anyone who has played you-know-what has probably played syn_trials and remembers the super gravity gun part of it. And I swear there are more that use it, I just don't quite remember the name.

Is there a reason nobody has thought of this yet?
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Re: We really need more Super Gravity Gun puzzles

Post by Neico »

because it tends to bug up?
no idea, the super gravity gun doesn't really fit in 99% of the maps
TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by TESLA-X4 »

I never completed the map, so I can't recall seeing any Mega Gravity Gun puzzles. IMO, the main issue with it is the griefing potential, since it makes snatching props ininitely easier.
Apparently, Valve can't make games beyond the number 2.
I think the only time we'll get a Source SDK code update is when it starts having purchasable hats integrated, i.e. hatconomy.

Please do not make assumptions you are not knowledgeable enough to make - that just backfires on yourself.
Tick me off, and I'll be sure to give you the golden treatment. Haven't you heard? Silence is golden.
Gary
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Gary »

TESLA-X4 wrote:[...] IMO, the main issue with it is the griefing potential, since it makes snatching props ininitely easier.
That could be a good thing(not the griefing part), the point of making a "Super Gravity Gun puzzle" would be to utilize the abilities of the Super Gravity Gun.

Maybe I'll throw something together for fun.
DisConnected
npc_hovering_assassin
npc_hovering_assassin

Post by DisConnected »

Neico wrote:no idea, the super gravity gun doesn't really fit in 99% of the maps
That's why the OP is asking why a map made specifically for it hasn't been made.

What we really need is a Serious Sam type map where all the players have only the Super Gravity Gun. And if you really want to use it for puzzles, then there could be a room where you stack up a pile of dead bodies to get to a platform. I would pay someone with my mouth if they made that map.
Oh, don't be such a baby. Episode 3 will come out.

*Turns to Archimedes*

No it won't.