Access is denied (Installing)

Obsidian General.
Vartex
Vertex
Vertex

Access is denied (Installing)

Post by Vartex »

I've only found this for source sdk and stuff like that. When I try to install Obsidian Conflict 1.3.5 with the full installer, (yes I've tried trouble shoot, run as administrator, everything >.>) and I get the same error "Access is Denied" nothing more, after the two minutes of waiting. That's all I get. I have windows 7 64x. Any solutions to this?
LivingWithGames
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Re: Access is denied (Installing)

Post by LivingWithGames »

Would be more helpful if you could get a screenshot of it,so maybe we'll try to find out what is it.
DisConnected
npc_hovering_assassin
npc_hovering_assassin

Post by DisConnected »

Uh, so just source SDK and OC? Anything else? Other mods, games, etc..?
Oh, don't be such a baby. Episode 3 will come out.

*Turns to Archimedes*

No it won't.
TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by TESLA-X4 »

I have a gut feeling that it's caused by an anti-malware app throwing a fit over the installer, even though it's safe (which is why I really dislike installers!). That 'two minutes of waiting' thing seems to hint at UAC, though Comodo Defense+ tends to have the same symptoms.
Apparently, Valve can't make games beyond the number 2.
I think the only time we'll get a Source SDK code update is when it starts having purchasable hats integrated, i.e. hatconomy.

Please do not make assumptions you are not knowledgeable enough to make - that just backfires on yourself.
Tick me off, and I'll be sure to give you the golden treatment. Haven't you heard? Silence is golden.
Ny
Phone Donator
Phone Donator

Post by Ny »

It would be nice to have a bit more information about your computer other than the OS it's on. Any anti-virus/ anti-malware programs running?
:nyoron:
Vartex
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Vartex »

Ny wrote:It would be nice to have a bit more information about your computer other than the OS it's on. Any anti-virus/ anti-malware programs running?
Microsoft Security Essentials.. Malware anti bytes and Comodo. It's just a small little box, that says Error at the top, and under it says "Access is Denied" and then an [OK] box. But I have a administrator account and a standard account, I am installing it on my standard account, could that be causing it?
TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by TESLA-X4 »

It might be. Try using the administrator account to install it instead, I think it should work fine when you're playing it off your standard account (if it doesn't, you'll need to start messing around with file permissions).
Apparently, Valve can't make games beyond the number 2.
I think the only time we'll get a Source SDK code update is when it starts having purchasable hats integrated, i.e. hatconomy.

Please do not make assumptions you are not knowledgeable enough to make - that just backfires on yourself.
Tick me off, and I'll be sure to give you the golden treatment. Haven't you heard? Silence is golden.
Vartex
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Vartex »

TESLA-X4 wrote:It might be. Try using the administrator account to install it instead, I think it should work fine when you're playing it off your standard account (if it doesn't, you'll need to start messing around with file permissions).
I've done that, changed file permissions, changed my standard to Owner of the file, ran it again, still got the same error. Changed its compatability ran as administrator, same error.
Vartex
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Vartex »

-SNIP- Okay, well, I didn't read everything over again. I did. I realised "oh... OH... OHHHHHHHHH....." As I realised I had Comodo Defense+ running ._. It's fixed. Thanks for your help guys :)