Gameinfo.txt is missing

Server Help/Discussion.
codemanj94
Vertex
Vertex

Gameinfo.txt is missing

Post by codemanj94 »

Hello
Last edited by codemanj94 on Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shadowen
Pixel

Re: Gameinfo.txt is missing

Post by Shadowen »

I have the same error as well
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

Do not use the Steam dedicated server, use HLDS update tool and start the server via command line/ batch file.
codemanj94
Vertex
Vertex

Post by codemanj94 »

Okay so I started it with a .bat file this time.
Last edited by codemanj94 on Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

where is the problem?
codemanj94
Vertex
Vertex

Post by codemanj94 »

Neico wrote:where is the problem?
Last edited by codemanj94 on Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

From the screenshot it seems like you have the wrong server binaries as i can see a tf and l4d folder. Only update with -game "orangebox", no TF, no L4D, nothing else.

If you need the content from css or other games for mounting purposes, either extract it from the GCFs or do as explained here http://wiki.obsidianconflict.net/?title ... me_Content
Note: If you download any of the following (sans Portal) using the HLDS Update Tool after downloading orangebox, you will be forced to download a new set of engine binaries incompatible with the current release of Obsidian Conflict. A telltale sign that this has occurred is when you see an engine error along the lines of SetupArrayProps_R: array prop '(null)' is at index zero or Host_Error: IDLLFunctions::DLLInit returned false when you try to start the server. To workaround that, simply rename the bin folder (inside orangebox) to something else (e.g. bin_se2007) before downloading the game's files. On completion, delete the newly created bin folder and rename the old one back to bin.
For the curious, the reason for this is that almost all official Valve games now run on Source Engine 2009, but most mods (sans Garry's Mod) continue to run on the older Source Engine 2007 (Source SDK Base 2007). These two versions are incompatible with each other, and Valve has yet to release a version of Source SDK Base for Source Engine 2009.
codemanj94
Vertex
Vertex

Post by codemanj94 »

W0rf0x wrote:From the screenshot it seems like you have the wrong server binaries as i can see a tf and l4d folder. Only update with -game "orangebox", no TF, no L4D, nothing else.